9.3.0.5 Crashes on Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.3.0.5 Crashes on Startup

I recently installed v: 9.3.0.5 and the program crashes on startup. I've tried rebooting and reinstalling DVDFab - neither helps. Any ideas?

I should mention that I'm running W7 64 bit.

Comment

make sure that you are running dvdfab " as administrator "
      also there is a new beta out - 9.3.0.6 - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=29571

Comment

No help... Running as admin, beta crashes like previous versions.

Comment

Good ole days

you should always download the whole file from the DVDFAB site and save it #1. Never use the update selection. #2 you should install to a new folder, when it asks you where you want it just add a number (make it dvdfab10 add a new number every time you install a new version #3 do not allow it to add a startup icon) start it by going to the folder you installed it in open the folder then double click on the dvdfab.application file. WHY YOU ASK #1 you are saving each version. #2 if one does not work to suit you, you can drop back to a older version. this is just basic computer stuff. the mods are probably laughing an got a finger on the delete button. I would like to be able to do what the programmers do with the codes but I can't, so I will stick to making the program work on my end my way. good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by iamtherealfrog View Post
            you should always download the whole file from the DVDFAB site and save it #1. Never use the update selection. #2 you should install to a new folder, when it asks you where you want it just add a number (make it dvdfab10 add a new number every time you install a new version #3 do not allow it to add a startup icon) start it by going to the folder you installed it in open the folder then double click on the dvdfab.application file. WHY YOU ASK #1 you are saving each version. #2 if one does not work to suit you, you can drop back to a older version. this is just basic computer stuff. the mods are probably laughing an got a finger on the delete button. I would like to be able to do what the programmers do with the codes but I can't, so I will stick to making the program work on my end my way. good luck.
            I don't add another number to it. I just change the last number...e.g the one you have is 9.3.0.6...I take away the 6 and replace it with a 7 if you have downloaded 9.3.0.7 and so on and on....9306 is still there so is 9307

Comment

Whilst the pgm doesn't crash out, everytime I start DVDFAB there are now 5 crash dump files created. Each about 66mb - 300mb wasted space - EACH TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Running DVDFab 9.3.1.0 (but has happened for over a year now.)

See attached.

CCleaner will find these easily.

Comment

What is your operating system?
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

We have three choice : win8 or win8,1 or win10

Comment

Originally posted by Electro007 View Post
                    We have three choice : win8 or win8,1 or win10
                    There's also windows Vista

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                      What is your operating system?
                      Sorry - Win 10 (not the insider version). But these crash dumps occurred in Win 8.x too.

It's a little frustrating. These dumps happen everytime DVDFab is run. This has been happening for over a year and nothing has changed.

Comment

I have posted

90mb but contains all 5 dump files (not from my snap shot, but another run)

Comment

Win 10 Anniversary seems to have fixed the crash dumps.

Comment

Working...
                          X