DVDFab DVD Copy crashes when inserting DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab DVD Copy crashes when inserting DVD

I have pointed out this crash issue on 64-bit Windows 7 on June 16 and nothing has been done. 9.3.0.6Beta does NOT solve the issue.

I have virtually debugged the issue for you and sent log files, but I have received absolutely no help.

Yet again, I will post what is wrong with your software that you are ignoring:

1. Yes, I have tried 3 DVDs, all with the same result.
    2. There is something wrong with version 9.3.0.3 - 9.3.0.5. I reverted back to DVDFab version 9.2.3.9 and DVD Copy Main Movie works fine on the DVDs 9.3.0.5 crashes on. I would also like to point out that you do not have older versions available on the website; it would have been a lot easier to roll back a version if you did.
    3. I have tried both with Pathplayer enabled and disabled, it doesn't affect the crash. I have toggled most options without effect.

Another thing I have noticed is that if I start DVDFab without a DVD in the drive, it loads fine. I can then choose DVD Copy and "Split" copy mode then insert the DVD, and that will load a DVD without crashing. However, if I choose any other mode, e.g. Main Movie, Full Disc, Customize or Merge, DVDFab crashes with the above error. The Ripper mode is also able to read the DVD structure without crashing.

You are yet to post a log file of any type here in the forum. You must decide if you are more interested in making uninformed complaints or in contributing information that could lead to a solution. If you have supplied this by email, no one in the forum can see it.

At a minimum, take the following steps if you want help here:
    1) Download a fresh installer for v9.3.0.6. Beta and run it using the As Administrator option from the context menu in Explorer.
    2) Reboot your PC and then Open DVDFab with no discs in your drives.
    3) Check the 'License Info' in DVDFab options to make sure your registration is activated. If not, select 'Activate'.
    4) Put a DVD in your drive and let DVDFab analyze it in Copy/Main Movie mode.
    5) Using Notepad, open the DVDFab internal log and copy and paste the most recent log session into a new text document and attach it to a new post.

Check the logs for your antivirus or security software and see if they have blocked or quarantined dvdfab.exe or any of its components. If so the DVDFab Program Files folder should be whitelisted in the software.

Posts in this thread by anyone besides Flawless.Cowboy or Fab staff will be deleted.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

1) I tried 9.3.0.6 Beta and 9.3.0.7: Uninstalled current version, deleted install directory, installed as admin.
      2) Rebooted; started DVD Fab without disc
      3) License active
      4) DVD put in drive; DVDFab crashed, asking me to send log files.
      5) log file attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Same crash result with 9.3.0.8_beta. After reading DVD for a few seconds, goes to crash screen asking to send log files. Attached is the log file.
        Attached Files

Comment

Did you allow it to send the crash report (it sends more than the log files)?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Non binary files from the log report zip file emailed to Vivian, as I don't know what other email address to send it.

As I stated in my first post, I sent the below excerpt of the XML log file to Vivian on Jun 16 using DVDFab 9.3.0.4. The error has not changed since then:

From 9.3.0.8 Beta:
            -<error>
            <what>ACCESS_VIOLATION</what>
            -<process>
            <name>DVDFab.exe</name>
            <id>5656</id>
            </process>
            <module>C:\Windows\system32\ig4icd32.dll</module>
            <address>0023:0CAB2900</address>

-

Comment

Working...