How if possible to Rip DVD menus,using DVD Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you can help.Is it possible to Rip a 4-5 menu sequence from a DVD using DVD-Ripper?
    I know how to Rip segments within a movie, but how about the menu ?
    Thanks

No, it is not. Ripper does not support menus and is used for making MP4, MKV etc. files, the Copy module does (Copy provides DVD-Video output). You can however select certain chapters for conversion in Ripper. Not really clear what you seek to accomplish but it clearly not a Feature Request, so I will move your thread to thee General Questions area.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

What I wanted to do, is that some dvd menus play a complete music video created for the movie ,and use it to high light various scenes from the movie , in the menu section, see for example "Spy". While the music video can be found on "You-Tube" it doesn't contain the multiple scenes from the movie contained or used in the menu.
      I hope this explains why I asked if one could rip the menu,off a dvd title.

Comment

Ah, you want to use the menu background video. You can sometimes find this as a m2ts file on Blu-rays and as a VOB file on DVDs, but DVDFab does not select it or support stripping it out, sorry. To search for it manually, use DVDFab Copy mode to make a Full Disc copy of the movie to your hard drive, then play each short m2ts or VOB file individually using windows explorer to open the folder and look at the files. The ones for DVDs will be in the VIDEO_TS folder, for Blu-rays in the STREAM folder.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

after you copy the dvd use the windows file manger to open the video or stream folder right click on the files one at a time then click on open the media player will play it if it is a video file when you find the menu file just right click on it then copy, an paste it anywhere you want. that menu will play, but probably want play another video because it looks for the correct file in it's short cut list

Comment

Originally posted by iamtherealfrog View Post
            after you copy the dvd use the windows file manger to open the video or stream folder right click on the files one at a time then click on open the media player will play it if it is a video file when you find the menu file just right click on it then copy, an paste it anywhere you want. that menu will play, but probably want play another video because it looks for the correct file in it's short cut list
            the files on a dvd are encrypted before dvdfab works it magic on it that's why you copy it first.

Comment

Sorry I didn't post this sooner, thanks for all your help in this topic.
              Will try your solutions asap.

Too bad that XP is not being fully supported as of FAB9.2.4.4
              Really would like to find a solution to my backing up "I am Wrath" disc , even as a Clone

Comment

Working...
              X