9.3.0.7 Crashing on start-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance 9.3.0.7 Crashing on start-up

Hi. I had to rebuild my laptop recently (Windows 7 Home Premium).

I installed and activated 9.3.0.7 and it crashes on startup. It shows the activation screen, and then I click "launch." Somewhere in there it asks if I want to join a user experience program. Then DVDFab9 shows up for a few seconds with a dialog about Meta in front. Then it closes and a dialog comes up that says "DVDFab has encountered a problem and needs to close...." I have sent a report several times.

I had some version of DVDFab9 working on my laptop before I had to rebuild it. The only other version I have is Version 8 Qt. That one runs but is several years old.

If there is not a fix for this, is there a place to download old versions? Maybe I can find the one that was working for me. Thanks.

Are you running dvdfab " as administrator" ??
    Is your computer 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7.
    Did you check your Antivirus/Spyware software
    As those programs will sometimes block dvdfab from starting properly.
    Try updating your graphics card drivers.

Comment

9.3.0.7 still crashing on start-up

Hi, thank you for trying to help me. Replies to your questions:

>> Are you running dvdfab " as administrator" ??

I just made this update, but the behavior was the same afterward.

>> Is your computer 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7.

It is 64 bit.

>> Did you check your Antivirus/Spyware software

At the moment, I don't have any! I have not reinstalled those since I rebuilt the laptop.

>> Try updating your graphics card drivers.

I checked that my Intel HD graphics (which is integrated) was using the latest driver.

Any other ideas? Or can someone link me to older versions of DVDFab9? One of them used to work before I had to rebuild my laptop...I just don't know which one.

Thanks again!

Comment

There's a new beta version that just released - 9.3.0.9 -http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?p=188780#post188780

Or 9.2.4.4 - http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm look under STILL AVAILABLE.

Comment

Going back to the older version

Hi, and thanks again for helping me. I tried the Beta version and had the same issue. But the older version that you pointed out -- the one labeled for Windows XP -- does work on my machine and I think I'll stick with that for now. Thanks again.

Comment

Note that v9.2.4.4 will not be updated for new protections as often as the regular current versions.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X