Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to edit unresponsive VOB_TS.IFO

Hi Everyone!

After trying to play previously ripped DVD's from the hard drive in which they are kept, many will not open via the VOB_TS.IFO file when using an "appropriate" 3rd party program (i.e., Klite, VLC).
    Most VOB_TS.IFO's will work, but some will "open" and not play, or allow menu navigation.
    This means that one cannot access the "root menu" etc., and the only other way to view the movie is to play the individual "VTS_0X_1.VOB, VTS_0X_2.VOB,VTS_0X_3.VOB..." files separately, one after another - each being appx. 1 gb in size - until it ends, then opening the next one.

Does anyone know how I can edit and/or repair the VOB_TS.IFO file so that it can correctly navigate the movie directory?

Most or all of my ripped DVD folders were done with my licensed version of DVD Fab.
    I am trying to send a HD with my son before he leaves tomorrow, so anyone who can offer help ASAP will be GREATLY appreciated!

TIA!

The IFO files may be defective or corrupted or you may be selecting the wrong one. Their are several ways to play them, the most reliable for me is to open the VIDEO_TS folder and select the VIDEO_TS.IFO file and use the context menu to 'Open' or 'Play' it using your default player (you can also just double click on it in most cases if a player has been associated with the IFO file type). This works well with VLC, DVDFab Media Player, PowerDVD and most others.

If the folders were made using a Main Movie only mode to save space, there will of course be no menu to play.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I just drag the folder and drop it on the desktop icon. Works for all the players I have.
      Last edited by 90312; 08-06-2016, 03:27 AM.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for you response.

I am fairly sure the main navigation IFO file is corrupt on several DVD rips I have made - not sure why.
        The majority of my rips play fine using the "navigation IFO" created when that movie was ripped. (usually named VIDEO_TS.IFO -> sorry, I incorrectly said "VOB_TS.IFO" originally)

My main question was if anyone knew of a a way to "rebuild" or edit the VIDEO_TS.IFO in those rips where it is defective?

Thank you again!

Comment

Working...
        X