X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab refuses to accept license

Alrighty, DVDFab support has been less than helpful, so here's my problem:

I got DVDFab from my parents for Christmas since other relatives had chipped together to help buy me a new laptop as a going-away-to-college gift! DVDFab was working fine, but then I upgraded to 6.2.1.8.

Now every time I launch DVDFab, it tells me that I'm a trial user and that everything has expired! I've tried downgrading to a 6.1.x version, using 6.2.2.0 beta, uninstalling and reinstalling, uninstalling then deleting every mention of DVDFab from my hard drive and registry before rebooting and then reinstalling, and no matter what I do, I keep getting stonewalled by this!

I know my license key is fine, because I tried it on my friend's computer and DVDFab launched just fine and accepted the key.

I'm running a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 laptop.

Can someone please help?

LADYJESSICA.

try this:
    Right click on the DVDFab icon and click on "run as administrator".
    in your PC find your DVDFab license info, copy it without the astericks
    go to where license info is input into DVDfab and then paste your license info.
    tell it ok, restart DVDFab and see what happens.
    Hope it helps.

Comment

No dice, it's still telling me that I'm a trial user after doing that.

Comment

Where was Fab purchased from?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I don't know, my parents bought it for me for Christmas, I'd assume they bought it at DVDFab.net...

Comment

ladyjessica:

Have a look at this thread and see if anything there helps.

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=2492

Comment

Tried that, tried forcing DVDFab to open the key file as an administrator, still not working!

Comment

Obtain a new key from DVD Fab using the email address under which it was purchased.

Or was it purchased? Do not ASSUME anything.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I just purchased DVDtoDVD and am having the same problem. Purchased from DVDFAB.NET Sure hope I didn't waste $60.00 bucks!!

Comment

With DVDFab installed right click your key and "associate" with DVDFab then double click it.
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by tapedover View Post
                      LADYJESSICA.

try this:
                      Right click on the DVDFab icon and click on "run as administrator".
                      in your PC find your DVDFab license info, copy it without the astericks
                      go to where license info is input into DVDfab and then paste your license info.
                      tell it ok, restart DVDFab and see what happens.
                      Hope it helps.
                      I did the run as administrator and it worked the first time !! TKGD

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                        Obtain a new key from DVD Fab using the email address under which it was purchased.

Or was it purchased? Do not ASSUME anything.
                        Pretty sure my parents purchased it, but they're incommunicado at the moment, doing one of their lovers trips off somewhere while I'm slaving away at school.

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                        With DVDFab installed right click your key and "associate" with DVDFab then double click it.
                        Tried that, no dice.

Comment

You must have the email address they used for the purchase to obtain a new key. Check with the lovers when they get back.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Y'know, I think it's time to eat my own words...

I just tried using the key on a fresh install in a VMware Workstation Windows XP VM. Guess what? Wouldn't accept the key there either!

I have a strong suspicion now that my parents were either duped, or they asked my little brother to get the program, and he's known for his love of Limewire... I'm going to have a talk with him... *sigh*

Quick Edit: Still, I don't understand why it at least wouldn't let me have the trial period... I never went through it in the beginning, and this key *used* to work. Plus I deleted all of DVDFab's entries from my registry and everywhere I could find it on my computer, and the trial was still "expired".

Oh well, looks like I'm going to be out a good amount of money. :/
                            Last edited by ladyjessica; 01-27-2010, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Argh, hate to double-post, but I can't double-edit, alas.

Anyways, sure enough, brother got it off Limewire or some torrent site. He's grounded for a month and now I'm saving up to buy myself a license for DVD to DVD.

Thanks for your help folks!

Comment

Working...
                              X