No announcement yet.

DVDFab 9.3.1.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least the 980 is not, it is Maxwell. I should add that Maxwell does not disqualify the on chip decoding of h.265 it just isn't on the GTX 980. The GTX960 is Maxwell and it is on chip.
    Last edited by 90312; 09-21-2016, 07:06 PM.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Seems that only the GTX 960 has full hardware decode.

This is an interesting read;
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo

Comment

Then why did Marty's not work until the new Fab version or was it Marty's driver and newer drivers came in a window's download maybe? and that made it work with windows 10.

Comment

It all worked from day one except for the x265 decode through CUDA, which isn't a big deal, the CPU can do x265 decode pretty easily. Then, the x265 decode starting working through CUDA, nice but a big deal.

Comment

90312:
            Did i read somewhere on the forum you may have 3d disks now?
            If so i wonder if you dropped to windows 7 from your second boot drive if you could see if the profile 3d MKV side by side 265 can be used to convert a 3d 264 blu ray with cuda for encode and decode when ripping such 3d disk.it's just one or the other now with both quick sync and cuda does the new 960 change this so you get both or is this Fab software dependent also?

Also their is no using cuda or quick sync when reducing a regular full 3d movie to 25 gigs normally doe's this change with the 960 card or as I believe is this because Fab doesn't support cuda for full 3d in the software program itself?
            If you don't know maybe Wilson can answer this one and will Fab support this in the future with the Power cuda cards such as the 960? Thanks.
            Last edited by 3dman; 09-21-2016, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Yes apparently you can do h.265 3D SBS:
              Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Cuda and quick sync always worked for Encode for 3d side by sides H264 but not decode seems this is what your log shows also for h265 also.Still 14 mins.not bad at all for 3d conversion to h265.I am really impressed.

For full 3d to compress to 25 gig their was never cuda support or intel quick sync support so i guess it's Fab software related and i was wondering why not maybe a question for Mr Wang or Mr. Fengtao.Also why no decode support for 3d side by sides seems ideal jobs for the newer power cuda cards.

Comment

Sorry if I misled you I only did a few chapters. Off the disc it was only about 50fps and would have taken a long while.

Albert Einstein

Comment

For full 3d to compress to 25 gig their was never cuda support or intel quick sync support
                    Yes, for now, DVDFab does not support IQS or CUDA in Full 3D compression.

Wilson
                    Please post your logs the default location is:
                    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Cuda and quick sync always worked for Encode for 3d side by sides H264 but not decode will fab ever support decode for side by sides?

Being that there's no Cuda or Quick sync at all for full 3d compression do you mean Fab will support it in the future as we really need it with 3d movies.
                      Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X