Add subtitle to blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add subtitle to blu-ray

I recently purchased a blu-ray copy of Sum of all fears. It has subtitles for many languages, but I only want the foreign language parts, without having to have the whole english subtitle.

Is there a way to integrate the foreign only subs which I downloaded into the existing blu-ray, without having to convert it to another file format, then add the sub title and convert it back to blu-ray?

thanks

G'day Yanta, you can add external subs to Copy or Ripper as shown in the attached capture. For Copy mode that is your only option unless the movie has a sub stream that has only the translation subs (some do). In the Ripper module, you can use the Display Only Forced filter to have it include only the translation subs in the output, without having to mux in a new stream.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Signals,

thanks for your reply.

I'm using v9.3.2.1

I wanted to do a full disk copy, so basically my output disk is a clone of the original but with the extra subs. Failing that I tried Customize, added everything back, but I can only select which subtitle streams I want, I can't add an external.

The "add external subtitles" option is only available with the main movie option.

There are no forced subtitles on the original disk, only full movie subtitles in about 15 languages.

Even in the Ripper option there doesn't seem to be a way to maintain all of the original disk contents and add in the extra stream (It only lists 5 of the 50 or so titles listed on the copy option).

Looks like my only option is to copy the main movie only,

Comment

You may be able to remux the subs with a program called txmuxer google it's a free program although I can't help you work it for this function I used it to remux 3d movies that had problems with great results.You can also see if it has a forum for support or directions I learned what i needed to learn but noticed you can remux subtitles also.

Comment

Yanta, tsmuxer would probably work but it will be easier and faster to find a way to do it within DVDFab. Are these discs Asian or Strine versions (the ones with tons of subs streams)? Please confirm for me that what you want is for the translations of non-native (e.g. German speech on an English disc) to be the only subs that are displayed and whether you are using Copy mode (which option) or Ripper (which profile).
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            Are these discs Asian or Strine versions (the ones with tons of subs streams)?
            I'd never heard of "Strine" until this very second. I bought the Blu-ray at a large retail store in a "bargain bin" 3 movies for $20. I do not believe it is Asian, and it is 100% legit.

I ended up just using the forced subs I found online, and muxing that into the "Main Movie" copy function. Since the only time I want those subs is when I'm watching the movie, it doesn't really matter if I want to watch the bonus material/extras on the disc, which doesn't need those subs

Originally posted by signals View Post
            Please confirm for me that what you want is for the translations of non-native
            I wanted was the translations to English for the Arabic and German lines in the movie.

Anyway, as I said, I can live with the Main Movie function being the only one that allows the importing of external subtitles.

Yes, I'm old fashioned I only have 40TB on my server, so I only keep recently purchased rips on there. The older movies I keep only the original discs.

Comment

Working...
            X