Crashloop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Crashloop

Anyone else experiencing crash loops - when run application it crashes straight away and wants to restart

Please post the dvdfab internal log files.
    Also make sure that you are running dvdfab " as administrator "

Comment

Attach the full dvdfab_internal.log file. Use the Manage Attachments button below the post editing window. I have not seen any reports of this problem.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

i've submitted the error report via the application

i had just completed two backups without issues, then from 3rd bd it wouldn't copy - installed the latest update and started getting the crash loop

uninstalled, rebooted and installed latest and doesn't even seem to want to start showing anything - just stuck there in task manager

Comment

Try checking your Antivirus software / firewall Software to see if they
          are causing dvdfab to crash.

Comment

Uninstalled again - renamed the old folder - rebooted - reinstalled and same problem - app installs but won't run - just stuck in taskmanager with cpu around 14%, memory @ 4.3MB disk/network 0

Is there anyway to get an older version of 10 (ie 10.0.3.6) again

I've attached the log file from earlier, it hung when reading Keith Lemon the film so cancelled this, then it wouldn't read it or the next title - installed the update and stopped working, so uninstalled and that's when started getting further issues.

After reinstalling and trying to run the program it doesn't even generate any log files to be able to see what it happening.

I've reinstalled the final version 9 and that is starting without any problems

I've attached the dvdfab_internal.log as a zip file as too large otherwise
            Attached Files
            Last edited by walkerx; 05-27-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Good feedback, thanks Walker. The latest v10 Fab (10.0.4.0) does this for me too when I am on a certain network, when I change to another one, either on my VPN or an iPhone hotspot, the problem goes away. You might try that if you have access to another internet connection.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I can't change to another internet connection

I even need internet to get a mobile signal where i live

So until there is a fix for the latest version my stuck with running V9 which is working and ripped the bd's that v10 was having issues with'

It would be good if they put a message up a first saying it checking the licensing or server, then if nothing happens within 15-30 seconds to display another message to say unable to connect to servers. If not checking for licencing then should be able to start without issues.
                Last edited by walkerx; 05-28-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

It might start but would not run correctly if unable to reach the new Cloud Decryption server. The error trapping does need to be improved, I agree. Reporting to make sure the devs see it.

Comment

yeh, just needs a try ..... on exception ..... so the exception should handle any errors - this can be saved to a log file and can be used for diagnostics as there are different errors codes based on what you are doing

Comment

The office is closed for the Dragon Boat holiday, they will be open again June 1, sorry for the delay. I believe this is the last holiday this year until the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        The office is closed for the Dragon Boat holiday, they will be open again June 1, sorry for the delay. I believe this is the last holiday this year until the fall.
                        no worries - hope all have a good time

Comment

Walkerx,
                          Try it again now and post the results.

Comment

still no go with v10 and no logfiles to upload as it's not creating them

ideally need an older version to re-test or a newer version that doesn't have this issue

otherwise the only options available

is to continue using v9 but it's no longer maintained
                            rebuild computer and reinstall v10 - this is drastic measure and not guaranteed it will work

regards
                            Walkerx

Comment

Originally posted by walkerx View Post
                              still no go with v10 and no logfiles to upload as it's not creating them

ideally need an older version to re-test or a newer version that doesn't have this issue

otherwise the only options available

is to continue using v9 but it's no longer maintained
                              rebuild computer and reinstall v10 - this is drastic measure and not guaranteed it will work

regards
                              Walkerx
                              Restart your computer in safe mode and see if v10 dvdfab will Run.
                              Also check and make sure that your computer has all the latest
                              updates And your computer's graphics card has the latest driver update.
                              Last edited by october262; 06-04-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X