X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by signals View Post
    shmn,
    Please read post #2 in this thread, it is the most complete explanation that is available. Only BDs count, and the same BD opened again the same day does not count.
    I did read that post which is why I quoted it. The questions I had were not answered in that post. But since you say "it is the most complete explanation that is available"...it sounds like the specifics of the algorithm will not be revealed for some reason.

Ultimately, I have no problem with 10 BD discs per day for myself as I've never even approached half that number. However, I do have a problem with the fact that I received the error message after only doing about 3 or 4 discs. Which means there may be a problem with the system. But without understanding the specifics of the algorithm, we have no way of troubleshooting. And there is nothing more frustrating in life than inconsistent and arbitrary enforcement of rules.

If DVDfab wants to impose rules and limitations on the use of its product by paying customers...those rules and limitations need to be made clear. And again, my opinion is that this feels like a heavy-handed solution to a problem.

Comment

It resets once every 24 hours at the same time every day, but it is not based on your time zone or your PC's clock, i.e. it is at the same clock time every day but it varies depending on where you are since it resets at the server. It continues to be my hope that other steps can be taken to make this limit unnecessary. For now, that's all there is to tell.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I agree with some people, this is absurd! I have DVDFab for more than 10 years now, and I use it "very very very" occasionally. When "DVDFab Movie Server" was available, I've decided to buy it to be able to transfer all my BD to the server (it is done for that and that is the objective of this server) and only during the week-end, but with DVDFab 10, I can not use it as I want! It is not a business, I'm doing this for my own and personal use because it is easier to use a server than a BD Player, it is more flexible, etc. This rule is not only absurd, this is an extortion!

I found a temporary solution, using DVDFab 9, making my iso files faster and without bugs (some BD refused to be copied, without reason and it is not about this limitation) then I transfer them to the hard drive of the server, but I can not use the main menu, just the file menu because DMS does not index the files correctly...

Another point, this limitation should be "clearly" announced and detailed when you buy it, and I don't remember I saw this somewhere.

Regards,

YM
        Last edited by ymartin; 08-26-2017, 10:26 PM.
        Yves,
        YMartin.com

Comment

When I was shopping around for software to rip my Bluray collection to MP4s for personal playback on my home network, I weighed the pros and cons of a lot of software, and ultimately ended up with DVDFab. At a discounted price of $230 for the whole package, it was significantly more expensive than some other solutions, but I decided that the other functionalities built in might make it worth while.

I used it on and off for a couple of days, and was happy with the results. Today, I am working from home, and thought I'd make some headway into ripping my collection, and now I find out that there's a limit to the number of times a day I can use it. This is completely absurd - it wasn't made clear in any way, shape, or form that I was paying for a service, much less one that is limited in its use. I was under the impression that I was buying software, and that it was my computer which would be doing the work (which is why I spent the money to upgrade my hardware for better results, too).

I view this software as something I'll use to get a result, much as I'd purchase a car to get to my destination. There are days it sits in the garage doing nothing. There are days I make well over a dozen trips running various errands. That's what I paid for - the ability to use it as often as I like, or as little as I like. I could likely save money or be otherwise more efficient by using Uber or a taxi service, but I spent the money for what I wanted and needed. How would you like it if you went to start your car and it refused, because you'd already driven enough for one day?

For everyone else who says this limitation is reasonable, good for you. That's your opinion, and maybe you knew about it before purchase, and maybe you didn't. For me, I sure as hell didn't, nor was it ever pointed out to me, and it doesn't appear in the manual, either. There's no way to get around it, like purchasing more credits or whatever. There's no way for me to say "hey, I didn't use it for a week straight, I should be able to get credit for those days". Nothing. Never mind that this is a horribly inefficient way to limit its usage - what if everyone who has purchased the software uses all 10 uses every day? What if nobody uses it at all one day?

I'm going to go through the process of getting a refund for this software. If you want to sell as a service, make it all online, and sell on a per-conversion basis. But charging this much for software I can only use a little bit? That's not worth it at all in my opinion.

Comment

This has been discussed sufficiently, and this thread is closed.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X