This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab: Program 6. no longer works

I have both 5 and 6 installed , about a week ago and after installing 6 again , it no longer works. I have deleted the folder it installs in and downloaded it again. When I click on the icon nothing happens. 5 still works fine. except now it seems to ask for Double Layer discs, which I don't have and am only backing up the main movie.

There is more to delete than just the file it installs into Do a search for DVDFab6 on the computer delete everything that comes up even search everywhere and hidden folder as well

Comment

do you still have the installer for v5? if so reinstall v5 and v6. run revo uninstaller selecting advanced uninstall, select to remove all registry and left over files.

then reinstall the latest 6.1.0.2 beta

Comment

still no good

I am getting fed up with uninstalling and installing v6 . There has to be something that can be done to fix this. V6 will not start no matter how many times I install it and de-install it. With or without Revo. It looks like time to look for another product.

Comment

Posting for help and then returning 2 months later is not a good way to get help. Try right clicking the install and choose install as admin and same goes for desktop icon right click it and choose run as administrator. Maybe make sure your anti-virus/firewall is turned off as well. Anyway that all I say since you return after 2 months to complain again. Most people will continue after they post for help not post, leave and then come back 2 months later looking for a solution to be posted

Comment

Posting for help

I have sent emails to support with 1 return email, which I followed . When I replied to the support email I got nothing back.. that was also the same time frame. Constantly posting the same problem over and over is not something I enjoy doing. This problem has been a thorn in my side, and there is no posted solution. It seems more users also have this problem. I really enjoyed the product until using v6.

Comment

The email was sent to DVDFab on 10/26 , I got a reply back on 10/26, I sent the results back and still no reply..

Comment

What type of spyware/antivirus protection do you have installed on your computer? I suspect that may be your problem, disable it, also make sure you have a version 6 key, version 5 keys will not work.

Comment

virus software

I have run the virus and spyware software to clean the computer, after that I disabled them, ran the install and still a no go. I have the v6 key, but the program never asks for a key. It never starts up. If I take the email and try to install the key from there , I get a message that it has no association. If I can install 5 anytime, what got changed in 6. If there is a hidden file for the trial that might be screwing this up, please tell me what the file is and I will delete it.

Comment

When you click on the key and it says it has no association, in the pop up select the bottom choice (not the webservice if memory serves) and browse to your programs folder on the C: drive (or the drive windows is installed on) and select the DVDFab folder, inside it you should see DVDFab6.exe, click that to associate your V6 key with version 6 of Fab. (Note: if running a x64 bit version it will be in Program files x86) hope that solves it for you.

Comment

Still a no go..

I loaded the key by changing the file type to look at DVDFab 6.0 and the program still does nothing. There has got to be a file that is causing this and more than likely a hidden file.

Comment

Are you installing and registering as administrator?
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Installing

Yes, I installed the program as administrator. If my memory is correct, at 1 time 6 was running then it just stopped running and has not worked since. The program is looking for something when it tries to start, but it must not like what ever it finds.

Comment

Same situation

I'm in the exact same boat, I have had DVDFab 5 5.2.3.2 installed and functioning, but can't even get DVDFab 6 to start to even try out the 30 day trial. I uninstalled everything for both 5 & 6 (hidden directories, registry entries, etc.) by hand - no go. Turned off avast AV, install/run as admin, Intel P4 2.53GHz, 1GB RAM, installed on C:,... stumped.

Comment

Jumping about two threads, sorry:
                              Re-installed WinXPproSP1 and downloaded Microsoft's SP3 update ISO - and that did it! Was not able to run any DVDFab 6 programs under XPsp1, just DVDFab 5 worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X