This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Third Party Software"

Couldn't help but notice that only select software items are allowed as per signals... Imgburn, Nero, and the VSO burning engine, and the one utility that can't be run directly from Fab, VLC Media Player...

I was wondering if other utilities, such as:

VSO Inspector
    DVDSubEdit
    FixVTS
    IFOEdit
    DVD Identifier
    Nero Disc Speed
    DVDInfoPro

might also be included for discussion, as they can provide useful troubleshooting/tweaking help for the rips done by Fab...

Also, people familiar with the utilities could also provide assistance using these, or at least pointing others to the tutorials for using these pieces of software.

Worthy of consideration?

DC

Last edited by DarthCopier; 02-09-2010, 02:50 PM.

VSO Inspector
    DVDSubEdit
    FixVTS
    IFOEdit
    DVD Identifier
    Nero Disc Speed
    DVDInfoPro

All of the above in your list have been discussed many times in many threads so it must be alright to do so.

I have recommended several of them myself on the forum.

Comment

Remember that the focus of this site is supporting DVDFab. While I use and like many of the apps you listed, there are finite resources of bandwidth and storage, all paid for by Fengtao, that should be focused on his products. The sub-forum you are asking about was placed to have a location to discuss or ask a quick question about products that are either part of DVDFab in some way or in use almost universally by DVDFab users. It is not really set up to host guides or tutorials for anything, and most of the applications on your list have their own forums with expert assistance available, frequently from their talented authors. Threads for some of the items may be added at some point as time and resources permit. Until they are you are welcome to put links to the sites/forums of the non-commercial or freeware ones in your sig.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Remember that the focus of this site is supporting DVDFab. While I use and like many of the apps you listed, there are finite resources of bandwidth and storage, all paid for by Fengtao, that should be focused on his products. The sub-forum you are asking about was placed to have a location to discuss or ask a quick question about products that are either part of DVDFab in some way or in use almost universally by DVDFab users. It is not really set up to host guides or tutorials for anything, and most of the applications on your list have their own forums with expert assistance available, frequently from their talented authors. Threads for some of the items may be added at some point as time and resources permit. Until they are you are welcome to put links to the sites/forums of the non-commercial or freeware ones in your sig.

I understand where you are coming from... not a problem.

DC

Comment

Working...
        X