Can't find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find

Can't find today's posts only yesterdays and where's mark forum read?
    Also when you click under someones avatar it says start conversion with the person is this a private conversion or forum pm mail or posted or what?

There will be many things that have new names or work in slightly different ways, I can't tell you about the posts. Should be there.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok I see I am the first poster today
      and the first poster of the new forum but next to signals is a square white box looks like a chat system when clicked on is a dialog box this seems to be a private chat but seems only your name has this white box next to it. I left you a message in it did you get it it says post on the bottom of the chat box so I hit that but no reply so I don't know if this is something you answer at a latter time or is instant chat.

P.S. The editing rules of 45 mins after posting no longer apply as I am editing this post hours after it's posted.
      Last edited by 3dman; 07-17-2017, 06:02 PM.

Comment

@ 3dman7, I tested this as well by selecting the white icon below your user name.
        I wrote something there but it went nowhere as far as I could tell.
        I think it's a private chat that both people need to enter.
        I'm guessing it we both select the icon we can chat.

Comment

I got your message & wrote some more. There doesn't seem to be a notification to me that you posted something in the private chat.

Comment

I don't see that white box next to my name only yours and signals.

Comment

Same with me . I guess that to prevent members chatting with themselves .

Comment

It means you have to type 2 characters to post.in the write something window.
                I didn't test the one at the top.

Comment

I don't seem to have that happening.
                  Do you know if this new format for the forum is Discourse ?
                  If so I googled that & they are opposed to the "Mark forum read" selection.
                  So if it is I suspect it isn't available or going to be.

Comment

This format is something else!!!!!

Comment

Seems to have corrected itself working ok now I don't know this Discourse but I will if I have to use it.I do see something that may work in the filters it has today as a choice so I suppose that will work for today's posts the default is all time just need to find the time zone of the server that hosts the forum to get the time Zone so I know what today is in their time zone or maybe it's auto done for each logged on member.

Comment

As I posted elsewhere, this upgrade is an ongoing process, and some of the things mentioned in this thread will change as the process completes. Do not assume that something is broken because it doesn't work the same way it did before, this is like going from DVDFab v4.x to v10.x and will take some getting used to.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                        X