Forum Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Changes

Seems the entire Fab searchable forum data base of all knowledge of Fab going back to the forums start is GONE this is a shame all this information of past users,solutions,work a rounds and knowledge of Fab wizards,retired moderators,and knowledgeable fab members highly useful information all gone this is a darn shame this forum information was searchable and helped so many people in the past till present now the whole data base is gone and can't be replaced.
    Last edited by 3dman; 07-17-2017, 06:18 PM.

The software upgrade is an ongoing process, the posts are still there and should become available again after the index is rebuilt. We now have 3 threads about the forum change, I will change the title of this one and make it a sticky temporarily, all comments or questions should go here, those placed in new threads may be deleted.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

All I can say is WOW... This hurts my eyes
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

The light blue in my header message above is much easyier on the eyes maybe they can change it to this for all posting. I had to get the mail and messenger thing learned first as I had inside Pm's,messages, 2 outside messages that I can't find how to respond to them or even what they are then the notification thing keep lighting up red so I had to learn that.Theirs going to be a learning curve till I get this down pat. Please forgive any mistakes I will get this down pat ASAP.
        Last edited by 3dman; 07-18-2017, 02:35 AM. Reason: Getting old misunderstood post #2 reworded.

Comment

Hello,

The old format a million times better, just saying!

Kind Regards
          Ish

Comment

I just tried to upload a screenshot from VLC and I get an error saying 100KB max. That is very, very small. I cropped the image heavily so it was showing only 480x380 pixels and the image was still 380KB. Why the huge restriction on attachments? 100KB is useless for any type of image. Also, JPG wasn't allowed. PNG only? Can these rules regarding uploading attachments be looked at? There weren't these restriction in the previous version of the forum.

Comment

I had even worse results . Even when I downsized images & converted to .png I still got invalid file .
              I guarantee the image isn't an "invalid file".
              Even the one I used as an avatar yesterday.
              Which uploaded fine & is still being used as an avatar.

If it was larger than 100kb I got exceeded the size limit.

Something is definitely wrong with this feature.

Not to mention the size limit is way to small to be useful.

Comment

All,
                Some of the settings and permissions did not translate well from the earlier version of VBulletin, we made quite a large version jump. Please be patient, it will be taken care of.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

signals , I believe most of us realize that there will be bugs in the new format to work out.
                  Since this is a Sticky thread titled Forum Changes .
                  I take that to mean it is also a new forum format bug report thread.
                  If this is incorrect let me & everyone else know.

Comment

Seems if you click on someones avatar the message box comes up but it goes to messages outside the forum and theirs no way to read outside the forum messages that I can find yet I see their was 2 outside messages for me how do you answer or see these???

Comment

@ 3dman7 , I sent you 2 this morning.
                      They were to answer the ones you sent me.
                      My time on them shows 9:20 AM & 9:30 AM if that helps.

Comment

I received 2 in regular pm my inside the forum pm system works fine but this issue in my post above is outside the forum messages posted to your PM system for outside the forum messages.In the old forum if you clicked your own avatar you would see your friends and outside the forum messages now theirs no place to read or reply to these even in your pm box here in the forum though the system lets me know I have 2 outside messages I want to read and reply to them and don't see anyway to do so.It seems if you click on someones avatar the message box comes up to post to the outside the forum mail for the persons avatar you clicked on so if you can send to outside pm's where are they appearing so as to read and reply to them??????

Comment

I don't have any outside messages to try to open.
                          I did try one in what showed to be Visitor Message after I posted it.
                          I thought that is what it would be but there was no information telling me it was a Visitor Message before I posted it.
                          No "Friends" area of any sort that I've found in this new format.

Comment

When setting filter for latest activity say to today's posts only so only today's posts show up this setting should remain until you change it to something else in the pull down for filters.As it works now you need to set it every time you come back to read latest activity.
                            Also your sig. doesn't work in this mode.

If any attachments is added that was larger than 100kb I got exceeded the size limit.This is way to small.
                            It also took like 25 secs for this to post it says working above the post should be faster than this.
                            Last edited by 3dman; 07-22-2017, 10:17 PM. Reason: added last line.

Comment

Working...
                            X