This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning Blu Ray to File, using Playstation

I hope I am on the correct forum. I want to burn Blu Ray in the future, but want to wait until the drives get faster and cheaper. Was looking to see if someone has a recomendation on what player I can use to copy Blu Ray to file on my computer for now and later put onto disk. Another added bonus would be to get an external drive which I could use for copying to computer and watching on my TV without the computer. I was wondering if the Playstation would do this. If not, is there anything that would?

Thanks

Players that connect to TVs don't make the data from the disc available in a format that can be fed to a PC or that DVDFab can use, which is what you would need to do what you are asking about (at least none that I know of), sorry.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
      Was looking to see if someone has a recomendation on what player I can use to copy Blu Ray to file on my computer for now and later put onto disk.
      This only makes sense to me if you did not own the Blu-Ray discs you where trying to copy. Please see:

Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums

If you do own them then I would suggest you simply wait until the price comes down to what you want and then work from the originals.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
        Another added bonus would be to get an external drive which I could use for copying to computer and watching on my TV without the computer. I was wondering if the Playstation would do this. If not, is there anything that would?
        You can use a PS3 to watch a Blu-ray movie on you tv but it won't copy a Blu-ray to a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
          You can use a PS3 to watch a Blu-ray movie on you tv but it won't copy a Blu-ray to a computer.
          I think he meant rip the Blu-Ray to an external drive and then use the external drive with the PS3 (or similar) to view the movies without a computer.

Comment

yeah that's what I meant. when thinking external drive I typed computer, thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X