This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

subtitles..........all or none?

When backing up a copy of my Star Trek movies, I either have subtitles for ALL dialog or none. How can i have only subtitles for when non human characters speak? I've done all the choices and nothing seems to work.

You probably are selecting incorrect sub streams or selecting Display Only Forced when there are none. There are many versions of these discs, so it's hard to tell withot more information. Are these DVDs or BDs? Which titles? Not all of them have translations for the alien-speak in either case. Pick one that is giving you trouble and tell us which one it is and the disc origin (the box set, an individual disc package, etc).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well, if you copy that disc completely, you will get all content from the source. By switching off the subtitles while viewing only the so called forced subtitles should be shown. If you ripped only the main movie or any other part, you can choose the subtitles you want to copy. In the common settings you can preset your favorite subtitles. The ripper provides a column called "subtitles". There you will find a drop down menu. One option is called "Display only forced subtitles". If you deselect all preset options and select the "Display only forced subtitles" option, I think this may do the trick for you.
      Last edited by wgk.derdicke; 07-31-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks but I have tried all settings i can think of and find. Disk I am trying now is

Thor The Dark World

Blue Ray.

I've tried both source files. Either all subtitles or none at all. Oh I am using the most recent version to date.

Forced subtitles only made no change

should have "elven" language shown at about 23 minutes into the movie.
        Last edited by pratertots; 08-13-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

For Thor check mark second english subtitle track it has the translations don't check mark forced and set direct render in advanced settings.

Pratertots: You can try the same if it don't work give us the title and if blu ray or dvd.
          Last edited by 3dman7; 08-14-2017, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Thanks everybody, that worked!! Trying now of Extended Edition of my Lord of the Rings box set. is there a list or site somewhere where this info would be listed for a litany of movies so I dont have to keep bothering you all?

Comment

same here I cant get all the extras bonus can someone help here.http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/The_L...tended_edition)

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/The_L...tended_edition)

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/The_L...tended_edition)

Extended Edition - Part One (disc 1)

The first disc contains the extended version of the film with the following audio commentaries:

Comment

You posted in a thread that is 2 years old and has nothing to do with the bonus features. Start a new thread in the correct forum (DVD Copy if the are using the DVD version, Bluray Copy if the have the Bd version etc.). I am closing this thread and deleting the other posts you made about this topic.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X