picture is dark/ sub tittles off screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

picture is dark/ sub tittles off screen

I am converting from a DVD to Ipad. I find that is there often two problems the format seems so be slightly to big for my ipad screen so some of the picture is cut off. left/right side of screen. which of course cuts off any on screen sub titles. Also, often the picture is find for the computer but very dark on the ipad making the picture hard to see. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Using latest version of DVDfab 10. windows 10 computer and ipad 3

Generally, the problems you describe are the result of settings in the player. The default settings in DVDFab should produce good results, but if you want to experiment with changes in the brightness or contrast, you can do so in DVD Ripper with the settings on this page:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011 RIPPER2.png
Views:	205
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	340386

You can reach it using the Video Edit button on the Ripper setup screen as shown here: Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011 RIPPER1.png
Views:	158
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	340387

I have sent you a forum message with a link to a test file, download it and play it on your iPad and see if the subtitles are visible. If not, you probably have zoom turned on on the iPad player and should turn it off to see the image with the original aspect ratio (on other iOS models, this is an icon with two arrows in the upper right corner of the screen during video playback). The test file was made with the "New iPad" device profile in DVD Ripper and the Brightness and Contrast settings shown above.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X