Label changed by DVDFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Label changed by DVDFab

Just as I'm curious (it's not a problem at all)
    I made a copy of a movie and when I started the burning process, the label of the disc was same as the folder where movie was stored on the harddisk, like NAME_OF_THE_MOVIE.
    After burning was done and I loaded the disc, I noticed that the volume name change to NAME_OF_THE_MOVIE#6EFA. This happens all the time when I burn with DVDFab.
    Is there a reason for this or can you avoid it? Again, no problem is linked to it, I'm just curious.

Thanks
    Hans

Which burning engine are you using? Does it always append "6EFA" or do these characters vary? You might also attach a burn log.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It's actually about burning Bluray discs.
      I checked 3 discs which I burnt recently, they all rename in the same way by putting some "code" behind the name as written in my post:

1) #6EFA (as already mentioned)
      2) #1C68
      3) #F6B8

Comment

That's very odd, please attach the burn log from one of these titles as requested earlier.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

What's the name of the log file and where do I find it? I work on a Mac.

Comment

For Mac: /User/User name/Documents/DVDFab10/Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Comment

Ok, please find attached the log from the 2 last Blurays which I burnt.
              Attached Files

Comment

I just tried burning a DVD. No problem there, label comes out as it should. Seems to be BD only.

Comment

Try a different burn engine in Fab settings theirs a pull down for blu ray and a pull down for dvd burn engine.What ever one is showing for blu ray burn engine try a different one and see if it makes a difference.

Tell us what burner was showing so we can test it for blu ray burner.
                  Last edited by 3dman7; 09-05-2017, 06:36 AM. Reason: Added last line.

Comment

DVDFab Burning engine is the only option being shown in the pulldown, for both, DVD and BD,
                    The bruner is an external Samsung 506BB

Comment

Well that's the difference between Windows and Mac. I guess.Doe's Mac.have a disk burner program that comes with your software as your only copying a blu ray after the protection is out any burner should work unless you need to shrink it.Just for a test to see if it does the same then we would know better if it's the Fab burner or not.
                      Last edited by 3dman7; 09-05-2017, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Whe I use Toast instead of DVDFab I do not have the "label issue". In fact, burning with DVDFab seems to deliver discs with higher quality.

Comment

Then it would seem fab is doing it. I did a blu ray burn to disk using the Fab burner and the results are the same on the disk title no extra's.
                          This is a windows test so its not really valid.Someone with a Mac. will have to help further.

Comment

Definitely a Mac issue. Downloaded DVDFab for Windows and installed in Windows 10 (Bootcamp partition, same Mac). Burnt same movie as before under macOS.
                            And indeed, label is as it should we, without any additional characters at the end.
                            Maybe developers can find out the reason for this Mac issue?!

Comment

Tried on another MacBook (just same burner) in the meantime. Result is the same. Label is changed all the time.
                              So, again - looks like a program issue for Mac version.

Comment

Working...
                              X