discs unplayable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

discs unplayable

Just installed the newest version of FAB and it looks like it's gonna work! But, while we were without cable/internet service, we tried watching some movies on my Parent's newer Sony BD Player. Tried 3 different titles, but the player said disc was unplayable. Only had the player about 6 months. It's a Sony BDP-S3700. Just tried a disc on my Sony BDP-S390 (few years older) and no problem. Newer software on the 3700?

what brand of blank disc's you use ??
    always use good quality discs such as verbatium
    also slow down your burn speed, try 4x speed.
    please post the dvdfab internal log files.

Comment

It's not the discs, because they play fine on my Player. They don't play on the newer model

Comment

Have you tried playing them in your PC with a software player?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Have you tried playing them in your PC with a software player?
          Just tested "Before I Fall" with VLC Player (had to download it first). Played ok, but I only ran it a minute.

Comment

You may have a media/burning issue as suggested earlier by october262. I would slow the burn speed down to 2x and see if the Sony player will tolerate it. Also, you can try burning with ImgBurn if you are using something else. Be sure to enable OPC in ImgBurn settings. If the discs play elsewhere, I don't believe there is anything really wrong with them.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

As 3dMan suggested, I did a software update on the newer BD Player and that fixed the issue!

Comment

Glad to have helped you.

Comment

Working...
                X