DVDFab10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab10

Hey all. I'm new to the forum but not to DVDFab. Posting here b/c can't post any other forum threads. I have been using DVDFab9 and there are no issues with playing back the DVDs in the Sony s1700 bluray player. Now, I updated to DVDFab10 (trial) as I was going to purchase the all-in-1 offer since it is 25% off right now in order to have the Cinivia protection. Well I burnt just a regular DVD, and it will not play in the bluray player but will play fine any a regular DVD player (which is also Sony). So I tried re-burning it, same issue. I tried burning it again, it worked. I have tried 4 different movies and 95% will not play in the player. I tried then burning the same DVDs with DVDFab9 and all the copies worked 100% in the bluray. I have checked all of the settings 9 vs 10 and made them match...but 10 simply does not allow me to play in the bluray. The ONLY thing I have found is that if i copy the movie to the harddrive folder, then Add movie and burn from there, it will play. I have tried VSO (which is 9 settings), DVDFab burner, and the remaining ones. However I dont want to purchase 10 unless 100% certain all of the movies will play in the bluray player. (I want the bluray to work b/c i will be purchasing a Bluray burner shortly).

Thanks for any input! (sorry if wrong forum but only play i can post for a bit and would like to figure this out before tomorrow when the 25% code is removed)

1) You can upgrade to v10 free if you have a license for v9, then just add the Cinavia module, no need to buy the whole thing again.
    2) You are a New Member and your account has some restrictions for a brief period, but you should be able to post a new thread or reply to one anywhere in the forum that is open for posting (some areas are not). You can send me a PM if you have problems posting.

As to the problems with burned discs, this is often caused by 1) bad media or 2) burning too fast. Try reducing the speed. If it still does not work with v10, you will need to supply the DVDFab internal log session and the burn log for one of these discs. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below. Which burning engine to do you have selected in DVDFab Common Settings?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      1) You can upgrade to v10 free if you have a license for v9, then just add the Cinavia module, no need to buy the whole thing again.
      2) You are a New Member and your account has some restrictions for a brief period, but you should be able to post a new thread or reply to one anywhere in the forum that is open for posting (some areas are not). You can send me a PM if you have problems posting.

As to the problems with burned discs, this is often caused by 1) bad media or 2) burning too fast. Try reducing the speed. If it still does not work with v10, you will need to supply the DVDFab internal log session and the burn log for one of these discs. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below. Which burning engine to do you have selected in DVDFab Common Settings?
      Thanks signals for the reply. I dont have a license for DVDFab9 so I would be purchasing the 10. It seems like the DVDFab9 trial never expired or something along those lines.

For the DVDFab10, I can add a log once I get back home. The media is fine as I have used it nonstop with DF9 and it always played no problem, it is only when it goes into that DVD player it says not supported or unfinished. But if i burn with 9, it works a-ok. It seems if i burn to the folder on harddrive and then do it that way, that seemed to work but not sure why...? I have always used VSO burner. I know when i got the trial for 10 it was auto set for the DVDFab burner but i changed to VSO once I saw it was not the same as DF9, but it also did the same issue. I have also went into the settings and put 2x burn but watching it burn, it still goes up to like 3.5x. Just weird it works perfect on 9 but not 10, some movies work some do not. i burnt Wonderwoman 3x... 1 on 10 with copy straight to dvd and it did not work. then i did 10 to computer and then to dvd and it worked. then i did on 9 straight to dvd and it worked. it appears its only when i go from 10 straight to DVD

Comment

Understood. I have the WW disc and will try it also. Are you burning to DVD-9 DL or single layer? I generally use the DVDFab Internal engine (not VSO) for SL and ImgBurn for DLs, although I seldom burn anything to disc anymore. I always got the best results with DL by unchecking the "remove layer break" option in Common settings, writing the output to a folder and then burning with ImgBurn in standalone mode with power calibration enabled. With ImgBurn in standalone mode you get better information about what is going on during the burn process, including the finalizing steps.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Its just a standard DVD - R. I always left the normal settings alone, its burning to DVD-5. I remove most of the items other than main movie to get a better quality %, aim for 75+. I had used the DVDFab engine on 10 and thought maybe that was it since DF9 had the VSO as the burn engine. However I switched to the VSO on 10 as well and it did the same thing. Im wondering if I will have to burn to a folder and then burn to the disc with 10 all the time. I thought maybe it was the DVD player and I was about to go and buy a 2nd one just to experiment. But when i realized burning to folder instead of straight to DVD-Drive, it worked, i havent went that option. Ill need to buy the DVD10 today/tomorrow so hoping to figure it out since thats a heck of deal they are running right now for the lifetime

Comment

Check all the promotions, there was one that offered 30% off on some items. You should not have to do 2 steps, whatever it is can be corrected. Check the burn speed setting in v10 settings, "Recommended" almost always burns too fast.

Comment

Yes, it was set to Recommended, as DVDFab9 was also set to that. i did click on 2x burn speed as max, however when it was burning, it was still burning at 3.4x for some reason. Seemed no matter what I did, it still went over 2x. I had seen that in a prior post as a good idea. Hopefully something in the log will stand out as there are several in there. 1 of them worked but the rest didnt.

I will likely do the all in 1 lifetime that way its everything for DVD and BRDVD. just want to make sure i can get this to work instead of purchasing it for BluRay as well and then spending more $ on the burner since my laptop does not read. will have to buy an external

Comment

so new one: attempted to burn DVD... #1 was with DF engine from copy straight to DVD - did not work. #2 was copy to hard drive then to DVD - did not work. #3 was DVDFab9 - did not work. #4 was DVD to hard drive then burn to DVD with VSO engine - worked. The odd thing is, i took at 4 DVDs and put in regular Sony DVD player and they all 4 played no problem. Take them to the Bluray player....the 1st 3 does not play, says no finished. This makes absolutely no sense to me....

Comment

Working...
                X