So confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So confused

Ok so I have no idea what to think. As you can see, I am having a terrible time with the software. I had previously had no issues with burning with DVDFab9. Then I tried 10 and have not been able to have success. I would burn with VSO no problem, then it would not play on bluray player but would play on a regular DVD player. I tried with the DVDF burner and with the VSO burner....no luck. Then appeared if I used the burn to computer then to disc it would work...nope not it. I exchanged the player in hopes that was it...well I tried all 3 on the Pirates of Caribbean and 1 worked in the bluray player. I put it in the xbox hoping that it would also play but it would not play at all in the xbox. So I have no idea what to do. I know its the disc quality b/c it plays in the bluray and the dvd player but not the xbox. then i will have a disc that does not play in the bluray but plays in the dvd playeer.

You have an existing thread about this, in the future do not start new ones about an existing topic. Use a different burn engine besides VSO. Use either the DVDFab internal burn engine or use ImgBurn (if you have it installed, free if not). In the Documents\DVDFab 10 folder you will see a Log folder, please attach a burn log from one of these discs that does not play reliably on all devices. I believe ImgBurn used with OPC (power calibration) enabled and single layer discs burned at 8x or DLs at 2.4 or 4x would solve your problems.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hey Signals, sorry about that. I have just downloaded IMGburn and will check it out and see if that helps. Its just odd that 1 disc will work on 1 player but not the other, then another will work on the xbox but no the players, etc. I have attached a log that was on Chucky...the 1st one did not read in the bluray player, the 2nd one did. I have used the VSO as well as the DVD internal one and its a guessing game if it will work
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey Signals...it seems that burning with the ImgBurn does the trick. the past 4 DVDs have worked successfully on the playing in the Bluray player. Any thoughts to why it does not play on the xboxone? its like that doesnt support DVD-R for some reason...

Comment

Originally posted by Dawall2008 View Post
          Hey Signals...it seems that burning with the ImgBurn does the trick. the past 4 DVDs have worked successfully on the playing in the Bluray player. Any thoughts to why it does not play on the xboxone? its like that doesnt support DVD-R for some reason...
          xbox one should now play burnt discs unless it's a brand that you are using
          or burning too fast. try burning at 4x speed.
          Last edited by october262; 10-13-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

xbox one should now play burnt discs unless it's a brand that you are using
            or burning too fast. try burning at 4x speed.
            Im using 2x speed in imgburn. its a V DVD-R so it should be ok as its not a general brand. not sure why its not playing in the Xbox One tho...

Comment

oh and i put the DVD in my xbox360 and it plays...the xbox1 does not....

Comment

does the xbox one have the latest updates ??
                do you have the dvd player app installed on your xbox one - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...-blu-ray-setup
                Last edited by october262; 10-13-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                  does the xbox one have the latest updates ??
                  do you have the dvd player app installed on your xbox one - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...-blu-ray-setup
                  yes its up to date on those and i did install the blu ray player on it. says No Disc inserted

Comment

Originally posted by Dawall2008 View Post

yes its up to date on those and i did install the blu ray player on it. says No Disc inserted
                    you might try some DVD+R media and see if those work.

Comment

Working...
                    X