Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other DVDFab UHD Copy?

Hi there,

I'm considering a purchase of DVDFab UHD Copy but have a couple of questions. For starters does it accept the folder structure of an unprotected UHD disc that's on the hard drive and secondly can it be used to down convert HDR encoded discs into SDR x264 with video un-cropped?

Thanks

Hi moviefan2012,

We are very pleased to see that you are interested in our products.
    For your questions:
    1. DVDFab UHD Copy support folder and iso structure of an unprotected UHD disc.
    2. UHD use video hevc 10bit 4k, if convert to SDR h264 4k/1080p your will lost many details in video picture. 10bit low to 8bit will cause more lose.
    And most UHD have SDR BD release with them.
    Could you tell us more details on this?

Wilson
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 10-27-2017, 03:17 AM.
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Plans for a Mac version in the near future of both 4k Copy and RIpper. I'd take the lifetime combo deal if it were here RIGHT NOW for Mac.

And second, what about Media Player on Sierra? Ever going to work?

Comment

So basically your software does not support retail UHD discs yet... Correct?!

Comment

Thank you Wilson for replying. The reason I ask about conversion is because I currently don't have a HDR display and consequently the UHD content picture quality looks really bland on my non HDR projector like someone poured oil over the video and also my media player Dune HD Base 3D which I love does not support x265.

Therefore I'm looking for a software solution that I could use to compress and also down convert from HDR > SDR so the picture doesn't look bland on my non HDR projector. When I read that your Copy/Ripper UHD "can retain HDR" I assumed this to mean that it doesn't have to and that an option to down convert HDR is indeed possible with your software but want to clarify this. If it doesn't then this feature might be worth your while to explore as nothing like that exists yet on a consumer level and would be very useful especially for those running expensive non HDR projectors.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by al7amimi View Post
            It doesn't decrypt them but will compress UHD content in Copy or convert them in Ripper.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Can you please provide more answers/clarification as per the info I provided in #5.

Many thanks,
              Tom

Comment

Originally posted by al7amimi View Post
                I'm confused so if it doesn't support retail 4K UHD ... then what discs would anyone own to rip that would be unprotected? Home movies? Please someone explain this in simpler terms for me.

Comment

Yeah, I find it confusing, myself. Even if we bought a 4K burner for a PC, and had bleeding-edge equipment, I don't know that the burners we buy in the States are even capable of reading commercial 4K videos. We would have to buy European burners before we could read commercial 4K discs....

....but then, this software can't read protected 4K media. So, what is the point? I suppose someone may have their own original 4K media they've produced themselves, though I don't know why they'd be duplicating their own original media with this software.

B+Maybe we are just some years away from using this software on 4K the way we do DVD and Blu-Ray?

Comment

There are sources of unprotected UHD content that could be used with these two new modules, but commercial movie discs are not one of them. You don't really need a 4K burner, the UHD Copy will write to BD25 and BD50 discs.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

does dvdfab uhd copy and ripper plan to offer decryption functionality of retail discs in the future if so when could we expect to use such a program?

Comment

Working...
                      X