Loading Multiple Movies From One Disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Loading Multiple Movies From One Disc

Just bought three movie collection bundles. Aliens, Resident Evil and Underworld box sets. Alien series had 4 movies on 4 separate discs which copied to the movie server okay. Resident Evil which has 5 movies and the Underworld which has 4 movies to the box set has a combination of 2 movies onto 1 disc. The movies server is having a problem loading those discs that has the two movies on them. I am getting an error with the Underworld discs and with Resident Evil it loads the very first title movie only even though it has two movies on the disc and I have it loading the full disc. Is there a way to get that second movie that’s on the disc into the movie server? With some of these movie sets you don’t know if it’s a separate disc for each movie until you open it sometimes and DVDfab 10 is not loading the whole disc onto the movie server. Can this be done using DVD fab 10?

Someone may have a better solution.
    DVDFab DVD Copy can rip the two movies separately to the hard drive.
    Each in it's own folder.

Comment

How? I am using DVDfab DVD copy under DVDfab10. Are you saying not to send it to the movie server and use DVDfab copy function just to copy both movies off the disc and burn them individually after it's copy?

Comment

A solution for this is to open the disc with DVDFab in Main Movie or Customize mode and make a note of the title or playlist numbers for each individual movie. Then copy the title or playlist for each movie one at a time using Main Movie or Customize/No Menus mode. MS will then (probably) group them into a Collection under a single poster which will display the titles separately for you to choose which one to play when you click on it. If you Copy using Full Disc mode and play it using Menu mode on the MS, it will show you the original disc menu to choose the title but the generation of a poster for it will be unpredictable, i.e. it may not generate a poster for each movie. TV series discs with multiple episodes can be effectively handled for us on MS the same way (copying one at a time).
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
          How? I am using DVDfab DVD copy under DVDfab10. Are you saying not to send it to the movie server and use DVDfab copy function just to copy both movies off the disc and burn them individually after it's copy?
          1. No need to burn the movies.
          2. Copy each to the hard drive into its' own folder.

Follow signals instructions to do this.
          If you have trouble I'm sure more detailed instructions can be given.

I agree about not using Full Disc mode.
          I don't believe it has the capability anyway.
          The menu most likely wouldn't work correctly even it Full Disc could do this.

I will check to see if I have a two movie DVD to test with.
          I believe Main Movie and maybe Customize can do both at one time .
          I haven't tried this so I could be incorrect about that.

I don't have it but I'm certain signals could let us know if DVD Creator can give you a Menu if you need one.
          Myself I have a software that can create a menu with no encoding.
          It might be too old to work with Windows 10 though.

Comment

Thanks Signals and Cholla between the two of your responses I'm sure I will be able to get those movies onto the server now. Thanks again guys for your post!

Comment

I did some testing with a DVD that has two full length movies on one disc.
              I don't know if the DVDs you have will "copy" exactly the same.

Full Disc does just what it states no options to split the two movies.

Main movie:
              I could have done each movie separately but I decided to do both at the same time.
              1. First let the DVD load.
              2. Right click on the "Movie title bar" and select "Copy Source".
              3. The first source will be the first movie.
              Leave it as it is.
              4. The second source:
              Select "Choose Other titles" and select the second movie.
              5.Start
              When it finishes you will have each movie in its' own folder.
              Of course no menu.

Customize
              1. Select "Choose Other Titles"
              Leave the first movie(title) checked and check the second movie(title).
              2.If you want a Menu select the "Advanced Settings" wrench icon.
              uncheck "Remove menus;play the titles continually".
              3. Start
              This is almost the same as Full Disc.
              I included this method in case it is detected differently in Movie Server that a DVD copied using Full Disc.

Customize:
              1. Just select one movie(title) at a time.
              uncheck "Remove menus;play the titles continually".
              2. Then Start.
              The menu will work as below:

My result was a Menu that displayed both movies.
              Either could be selected but one was about 6 seconds long when "Play" was selected.
              The other was the full length movie.
              This Menu was in both movies I copied and when the correct movie was selected it was full length.
              So if you want a menu that works fairly well.
              This is the way.

If you don't want a menu then use Main Movie.
              Last edited by cholla; 11-24-2017, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Hey Cholla, thanks for all the options, I really appreciate your effect. I actually tried all three of the options you recommended. Tried the first two Customize options first and it works but it doesn’t output to the movie server, I would have to copy it then burn it to a DVD, then copy it onto the movie server, when I tried to select the movie server using Customize it would give me this message, “Currently only the full Disc and Clone modes support ISO files directly to the Movie Server”. I don’t use menus anyway so the Main Movies option worked like a charm for me step by step as directed. First movie loaded, then the second was waiting in the queue to start loading right after in the movie server. The wall posters are the same for each movie as Signal noted it would be but I already changed them to the correct wall poster for each movie. Thanks again for all your help; members helping members, awesome!!!!

Comment

Hey Down2Earth ,
                  Happy to help.
                  I don't have Movie Server so I didn't know only certain modes loaded files directly to it.
                  I worked with the files going to folders on my computer.
                  I assumed any of those could be uploaded to Movie Server.
                  I will need to test this but I believe that Full Movie or Clone can be used on the folders created with "Customize" to create an .ISO .
                  Would that .ISO upload directly to Movie Server?

Comment

I tried Full Disc and Clone/Burn on the Customize copies I created.
                    I did this from the hard drive and didn't need to burn them to a DVD disc .
                    The burning engine I use is ImgBurn.
                    I copied them back to the hard drive as .ISOs.
                    I believe it should work the same uploading them to Movie Server.

BTW: I know you don't use menus and probably don't need the information but if someone does this might help them.

Comment

The Customize option works, you just can’t send movie copies directly to the movie server using it. If you used Customize you would have to copy it from a folder or burnt DVD disc to the Movie Server as you have found out. Just a little more work doing it, it’s a process! All of this is good information using DVDfab to copy movies and I definitely learned a lot about using DVDfab this weekend, thanks for the insight on using ImgBurn as another way to getting movies onto the server as ISO files. For multiple movies on a disc your Main Movie option is the way to go hands down for simplicity as a one step process to the Movie Server and anybody seeking this information will also agree. Knowing and having different options is half the battle. Thanks again.

Comment

I have ImgBurn set as the Burning Engine.
                        Common Settings/Drives/DVD Write .
                        Set this way ImgBurn is automatically selected to write an .ISO file.

Also to burn(write) to a DVD disc.

You can make a similar setting for Blu-ray .

Comment

Working...
                        X