Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance UHD Copy and Ripper advices

Hello everyone

Newbie with DFDFab, I would be happy to be advised on the minimum specifications (processor, graphics card etc) for a PC working with "optimal speed" with the Win UHD Copy and UHD Ripper apps?

Of course, my Parallels Win8 virtual PC into my MacPro "can reduce" a 110-minute sequence with UHD Copy, but it takes about 95 hours to do it!
    A PC "well oriented" for the h265 (hardware acceleration in GPU?) should be considerably faster, right?

Many thanks in advance for your advices. ​​​​​​​

Hi jangai, welcome.

The optimum configuration for UHD Copy or Ripper is as follows.
    • ★ Windows 10 (64-bit)
    • ★ Intel Kaby Lake series or above CPU
    • ★ 16GB of RAM or more
    • ★ 1TB of free hard disk space
    • ★ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (Pascal) series or above with latest driver
    • ★ DVDFab x64 version

If all are not met, it may still work with reduced performance (increased time). Most important are the CPU and GPU.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for this clear summary! At least, I now know where to go !

Comment

You are welcome, typical processing times should be less than ~1 hour for most content. We had a great post about it somewhere which no one can locate at the moment, apologies for that.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

So with a CPU: Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Quad Q600 @ 2.40 GHz Memory: 8Gb Graphics Card: Nvidia 8600 GTX, converting from files on a NAS, I don't stand a chance, do I? lol Wish I'd know this before shelling out for the UHD Copy / Ripper software

Comment

Originally posted by rozel View Post
            So with a CPU: Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Quad Q600 @ 2.40 GHz Memory: 8Gb Graphics Card: Nvidia 8600 GTX, converting from files on a NAS, I don't stand a chance, do I? lol Wish I'd know this before shelling out for the UHD Copy / Ripper software
            hi rozel,
            This is hardware limit for encode hevc 4k 10bit.
            If your don't have Intel Kaby Lake or Nvidia Pascal for hardware accelerate.
            Use soft cpu encode, you can do it. But with not fast enough cpu, may cost over 24 hours.

we update tech specs here
            World’s 1st 4K UHD copy software to copy and shrink the main movie title of any unprotected 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray movie down to a smaller size to fit a regular BD-50/25 disc, or save the compressed content on computer HDD as an ISO file or folder.

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello DVDFAB Team, So far you can only shrink your program to 50GB and 25GB. How about a 1: 1 copy. Are you working on it?
              Thank you very much
              Kind regards
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              MP 2X FANTEC 3DS4600
              MP Med600er

BluRay Player Panasonic DMP-BDT500
              BluRay Player Panasonic DMP-BDT300
              BluRay Player Pioneer LX-52

Plasma Panasonic TX-P50GTW60
              Plasma Panasonic TX-P42 STW 50
              LCD Loewe Art 42 zoll

Sat: Kathrein UFS 924
              Kathrein UFS 926
              Technisat Isio S1
              1xHSV SKY+Receiver 2TB Festplatte