Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought 3 Licenses for my lifetime version of DVDFab but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License/Key Bought 3 Licenses for my lifetime version of DVDFab but...

I thought all was well. I had DVDFab 10.0.7.1 installed on one computer and when I went to update the version on another computer it said I was out of authorizations. So.. I paid the $30 to allow me to have three copies of DVDFab Installed. Seemed ok. I installed a second copy and Authorized it and the system said I had used 2 of the 3 authorizations. THEN I went to use DVDFab on the first machine and it said there was an update to 10.0.7.2 so I let it do the "update" . After the update I still had 10.0.7.1 and it asked me to Authorize the "update". Now I have no Authorizations left and have DVDFab on two machines!! Any ideas or what #$%% I did wrong would be appreciated?!! It appears that the new Authorization System may not be ready for prime time?
    ASRock X470 Taichi, 3900X, 2X8GB of 3200-14 Memory, NVIDIA GTX 960, SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, 2-WD SN750's 500GB, WD Black 2TB, LG WH16NS40, Seasonic X750, EVGA CLC 280, Acer B247W 16:10, Win 10 Pro

This shows that it's Authorized on the same machine twice?
    Attached Files
    ASRock X470 Taichi, 3900X, 2X8GB of 3200-14 Memory, NVIDIA GTX 960, SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, 2-WD SN750's 500GB, WD Black 2TB, LG WH16NS40, Seasonic X750, EVGA CLC 280, Acer B247W 16:10, Win 10 Pro

Comment

same problem

Comment

The same Problem after two times deauthorization again on two machines in the same Home-Network

Comment

Hi,

Please post the DVDFab internal log file, thanks!

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Mona,

Looks like you solved the Authorization problem for someone on another thread. I have been going back and forth with Vivian (Customer Support) for over a week and getting nowhere. I have sent her the log file and now she wants to use TeamViewer to investigate what is wrong with my computer/account. This is a bit of a problem since I'm in the USA CST and she is in China somewhere? It looks like there is more than one person experiencing my issue. Can you please look at my account and "De-Authorize All" and fix whatever is going on that causes DVDFab to get de-authorized when the system is rebooted a few hours later. I have had DVDFab Authorized on two machines. The second machine seems to be OK since the Authorization sticks?! Anyway, I have a lifetime license and purchased the 3-pack option but now have DVDFab Authorized on one machine and no Authorizations left. I was tempted to try De-Authorizing via the Member site but based on the other thread that is not the solution. Help would be greatly appreciated.
            Last edited by Ken429; 12-24-2017, 10:19 AM. Reason: I tried to upload the internal log file to the forum but it is too big and is rejected.

Comment

Zipped the log file so it would upload. DVDFab Log Zipped.zip

Comment

Ken,

Re: uploading logs to the forum: Please see the tips linked in my sig (http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5). Sounds like you need to flush the log folder (delete it).
                Re: The Deauthorize All button: This is an absolute last resort, can only be done once per year without Staff intervention.
                Re: TeamViewer: I let them do this frequently, nothing to worry about. They can do it at a time convenient to both ends of the circuit.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ken429 View Post
                  Mona,

Looks like you solved the Authorization problem for someone on another thread. I have been going back and forth with Vivian (Customer Support) for over a week and getting nowhere. I have sent her the log file and now she wants to use TeamViewer to investigate what is wrong with my computer/account. This is a bit of a problem since I'm in the USA CST and she is in China somewhere? It looks like there is more than one person experiencing my issue. Can you please look at my account and "De-Authorize All" and fix whatever is going on that causes DVDFab to get de-authorized when the system is rebooted a few hours later. I have had DVDFab Authorized on two machines. The second machine seems to be OK since the Authorization sticks?! Anyway, I have a lifetime license and purchased the 3-pack option but now have DVDFab Authorized on one machine and no Authorizations left. I was tempted to try De-Authorizing via the Member site but based on the other thread that is not the solution. Help would be greatly appreciated.
                  Hello Ken,

Please try to authorize your PCs again now. If same thing happens, we would need to access your PC to check it.

Regards,
                  mona

Comment

Mona,

Thank you. Things seem to be working as advertised. I have Authorized two copies on two different machines and all is well at the moment. I have deleted all traces of DVDFab that I am aware of on the problem system - meaning I uninstall DVDFab and deleted all the DVDFab folders in the Documents folder. Is there anything else I should delete to make sure whatever went wrong on the problem system won't come back? I'll wait a few days before I try to Authorize the third copy!

Comment

Mona,

Thank you. Things seem to be working as advertised. I have Authorized two copies on two different machines and all is well at the moment. I have deleted all traces of DVDFab that I am aware of on the problem system - meaning I uninstall DVDFab and deleted all the DVDFab folders in the Documents folder. Is there anything else I should delete to make sure whatever went wrong on the problem system won't come back? I'll wait a few days before I try to Authorize the third copy!
                      No need to delete anything else now. Shall you have problem, please contact me again.

Happy New Year!

Regards,
                      mona

Comment

Mona,

It happened again! I updated to version 10.0.8.7 on both machine that were authorized and it asked me to authorize one of the machines again. I now have two machines with DVDFab and all three of my licenses have been used! I thought the problem had been solved since I've gone for several months and many updates with no problems. Help.

Comment

Mona,

It happened again! I updated to version 10.0.8.7 on both machine that were authorized and it asked me to authorize one of the machines again. I now have two machines with DVDFab and all three of my licenses have been used! I thought the problem had been solved since I've gone for several months and many updates with no problems. Help.
                          Please kindly check email from me, thank you.

Regards,
                          Mona

Comment

Working...
                          X