Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 Pro 1709 Version 16299.125 won't play MKV.H265.10bit files any more???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 Pro 1709 Version 16299.125 won't play MKV.H265.10bit files any more???

I've been trying to rip Taken 2 with forced subs, but I can't get Windows 10 Movies & TV app to play the files so that I can check if it worked.
    When I add the files to my plex server, it can play them with no problems.

It worked a couple days ago.
    I've tried 10.0.6.8 64bit and 10.0.7.1 32bit.

Anyone else having this issue?

see this thread here - https://www.myce.com/news/windows-10...5-codec-83143/
    you need to install the codec from the microsoft store for it to play.
    Last edited by october262; 12-13-2017, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      see this thread here - https://www.myce.com/news/windows-10...5-codec-83143/
      you need to install the codec from the microsoft store for it to play.
      Thanks for link but I already had that app installed.
      Wondering if my Windows 10 system got corrupted somehow because I already had that installed prior to the Fall Creators update which broke it.

Comment

can you try reinstalling the app ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
          can you try reinstalling the app ??
          Yeah, i'm going to remove the app, restart, then re-install and try again.
          In the meantime, I downloaded the VLC app from the microsoft store. That plays the file fine.
          Thanks again.

Comment

So deleting the HEVC Video Extension and MPEG2 apps, restarting my pc, then re-installing the two apps fixed the issue.
            Looks like having them installed prior to updating Windows with the Fall Creators update, broke the playback. You just need to reinstall them after deleting and restarting.

Thanks for the help october262.

Comment

You can also download DVDFab Media Player and use it for free for everything except reading optical discs.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X