Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Computer Advice/Recommendation.

Hi everyone,

My PC is getting a bit old and by its best, and I was considering purchasing a new one during the Christmas and New Year sales period.

I've narrowed it down to four models and I was wondering if they'll be compatible with DVDFab's GPU acceleration? As my current PC, Intel core i7(2600) has Intel GPU acceleration enabled.

I know processor, graphics card and RAM are important and below are the specifications for the ones I'm considering, can someone please recommend one for me?

HP Pavilion - £649

Windows 10
    Intel® Core™ i5-7400 Processor
    RAM: 8 GB
    Storage: 2 TB HDD
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050.

HP Pavilion - £849

Windows 10
    Storage: 2 TB HDD
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060.

HP Pavilion - £949

Windows 10
    Intel® Core™ i7-7700
    Storage : 1TB
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060.

​​​​​
    MSI Nightblade - £1100

Windows 10
    Storage: 1 TB HDD
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070.

​Thanks,
    Dave.

If you plan to do much with the Ripper module or compress UHD or BD content, I suggest the HP with the i7+GTX1060 or one of the similar MSIs (GE62,63 OR 72 series). I have 2 of the MSIs.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      If you plan to do much with the Ripper module or compress UHD or BD content, I suggest the HP with the i7+GTX1060 or one of the similar MSIs (GE62,63 OR 72 series). I have 2 of the MSIs.
      Thanks for your recommendation, it's a Hewlett Packard I currently have, so I may go for another core i7 model, as I predominantly rip MP4 and MKV files. And quite possibly, in the near future, the versatility to rip UHD content.

So I gather the most important aspect in terms of specifications, is processor first, followed by graphics card, especially when it comes to using the ripper module? So it's definitely best to go with the core i7 for processing? Followed by a one of the Nvidia GTX10 series cards?

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-T View Post

Thanks for your recommendation, it's a Hewlett Packard I currently have, so I may go for another core i7 model, as I predominantly rip MP4 and MKV files. And quite possibly, in the near future, the versatility to rip UHD content.

So I gather the most important aspect in terms of specifications, is processor first, followed by graphics card, especially when it comes to using the ripper module? So it's definitely best to go with the core i7 for processing? Followed by a one of the Nvidia GTX10 series cards?

​​​​​
        Build your own. Its not that hard. The only tool you need is a screwdriver.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
        X