Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best average price GPU with CUDA for 4K

Hi everyone and Happy New Year.

Whats the best average price GPU with CUDA that I can use to shrink 4k blu rays to a BD-R 50GB disk? My GeForce GTX 950 has CUDA but does not seem to work when trying to do 4K content. My speeds are 0.26mbps and over 30 hours to complete.

Thanks in advance.

If you want to use UHD Copy/Ripper, plan on a GTX 1060 or higher. There is a FAQ for it that I will link for you.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      If you want to use UHD Copy/Ripper, plan on a GTX 1060 or higher. There is a FAQ for it that I will link for you.
      HI signals, can you please link to the FAQ?

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong since I don't use 4k or UHD decoding or encoding, but I think GTX 1050 will also work since it also uses the Pascal architecture (all 10 series cards starting with GTX 1050 or higher do, but not lower, such as the GTX 1030, or older series such as 9, 8 etc). It is also cheaper than the 1060. To compare apples to apples, Amazon has the EVGA GTX 1050 SC Gaming (2GB) for $169. The EVGA GTX 1060 SC Gaming (3 GB) is $309! I have the GTX 1050 SC and under A/V Codecs it shows CUDA available for H.265 hardware decoding/encoding. Is my assumption correct that the 1050 will also work for 4K hardware decoding /encoding?

Comment

i just bought a 1050ti 4GB and done my first full UHD to BD25 in 35mins. Before i had a GTX 950 and it took 40 hours to put just the main movie onto a BD25.

Comment

To clarify, the 1050 will work, the 1060 is better (faster).
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I would go with at least 1070.

Comment

Working...
              X