MKV passthru on Roku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MKV passthru on Roku

I have been using DVDFAB (9.3.2.1 is latest version I have been using) to rip standard dvd to mkv. Recently i started doing mkv passthrough vs compression. this has worked fine for playing on my old WDTV devices, but have to start replacing those with Roku and the Roku is not able to play the passthrough files; Roku only seems to play the compressed (1 GB vs 5GB) files. I have dvdfab 10 - will using that resolve the problem?

Possibly, I am not familiar with this specific Ruko shortcoming. You can try v10 free in trial mode to see if it helps, hopefully it will but I am skeptical, since the passthrough is just a straight copy and has not changed AFAIK since the no longer supported v9. Please give us feedback on your tests.

If you have a licensed copy of v9, then you can of course just install v10 and use it without re-purchasing anything. v9 and v10 will coexist on your PC with no problem.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My Roku will not play mkv passthrough either "The codec used to compress the video is not supported" is the screen message.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Done all sorts of experimenting, no perfect solution yet. Trying to use dvdfab 9 or 10 "convert" on the original mkv passthru file to something else just does not work. Closest i can get to viewable on roku video and audio are off by about 10 seconds or file still not compatible with roku. However converted the mkv passthru from dvdfab9 to mkv high quality using AnyVideoConverter (free) worked except screensize/apect ratio is off/shrunk. I then ripped a dvd using dvdfab10 and selected mkv (high quality) vs mkv passthru - that works on Roku but on wdtv audio is a couple hundred ms out of sync with video.

Comment

Working...
        X