Newbie: module, menu, and cinavia confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Newbie: module, menu, and cinavia confusion

with version 10.0.8.1, last version I was familiar with was 8.0, I think. Bought this with Blu-ray to DVD, activated, and HD Decrypter, activated.

Question 1: If I actually want to convert a blu-ray to DVD files on my hard drive, the guides direct me to the COPY section of the main top menu. I expected to be directed to the CONVERTER section; if that's not what I want in order to convert a bluray to a dvd, then why is it called Converter? Am I using the right tools/guides?

Question 2: When I follow the guide I am prompted immediately about Cinavia, and given the opportunity to use the remove tool ONCE as a trial (which I have now used up, apparently). Is Cinavia commonly found on Blu-rays? If so, then why is it not in the COPY (or, Converter), module I bought, if that's so necessary in order to COPY (or convert)? Seems like I should have been informed of this at point of purchase.

I know how forums in this area work, and realize these are very basic questions. I would appreciate any input. THANKS.

Mike,
    As to:
    1) Converter only works with video files like AVI, MP4, MKV etc as Sources and outputs. To convert the disc structure, you need to use the Blu-ray to DVD option which you purchased. You can find it here using the Mode Selector:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 BD2DVD2.png Views:	1 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	349854

2) Cinavia is an audio watermark found on many BDs and some DVDs, it prevents the content from playing on AACS licensed players (most standalone Blu-ray players) without muting the audio and putting annoying messages on the screen. It must be purchased separately, but if you are using a software player that is not licensed, like VLC or DVDFab Player 5, it is not an issue, they don't respond to the CInavia infection. PowerDVD16 and later do, however.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X