This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Roadmap?

Is there a roadmap of features that the author would like to eventually implement and when?

Not that I know of but sometimes the devs will post in the forum about what features will be implemented in future releases. As of now a Blu-ray to Mobile option is in the works but no release date is set.

Comment

I'm sure there is, but why would the authors want to tell their competitors what they plan to do and when??
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        I'm sure there is, but why would the authors want to tell their competitors what they plan to do and when??
        Oh, I don't know. As a courtesy to their users that are a) supporting the developers by paying for the software and b) care enough about the product to post suggestions for improvement? Maybe?

To my way of thinking, their competitors already know what features the software lacks because they are equally capable of reading the suggestions forum, and noting that the developers don't generally respond in any way.

I've made two suggestions that have been requested before by others, and there's no indication from the developers as to whether or not they're even considering them. This, in turn, forces me to re-evaluate my continued financial support of the software.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
          Not that I know of but sometimes the devs will post in the forum about what features will be implemented in future releases. As of now a Blu-ray to Mobile option is in the works but no release date is set.
          I guess what I'm after is some sort of indication that the developers have considered a suggestion from the Suggestions forum, and either accepted or rejected it, and if rejected, why it was rejected.

Comment

The suggestion box at work is a little different than software feature requests. I'm not speaking for DVDFab, but I do have a lot of software experience.

A request that makes sense and voiced by multiple people is rarely rejected. The problem is that there are always many competing areas of improvement at any one time. A company picks the ones to work on based on quantity/type of available resources, what parts of the code they are already working on, what would garner more market share (read more $$$), how risky the change is (e.g. how much testing is required to make sure it won't break everything else), and sometimes just what the developer(s) think is interesting (squashing bugs is the least interesting). Your best bet is to make your request in the most positive way possible with a focus on the benefits of the change rather than the negatives of not having it.

As far as the roadmap, most companies keep this out of the public eye for a very simple reason that has nothing to do with competitors. Once you make it public then people get all bent out of shape when the plan changes or the inevitable delays occur. From a developer point of view, the end users often seem like winy children.

Comment

Working...
            X