Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have DVDFab All-in-One, bought Passkey can I get more info on how they work together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have DVDFab All-in-One, bought Passkey can I get more info on how they work together?

As a way to support DVDFab as I really appreciate their all-in-one software, I decided to buy Passkey during the Fifa Sale. I didn't have an immediate need for it in mind, as I have been able to do everything with the All-in-One so far that I have wanted to. I figured it might come in handy for the future and it looked good to have, but I must confess, I am a little confused on exactly its purpose/how it works with the All-in-One/if it is really necessary.

From what I could read, it removes the protections, but DVDCopy/Ripper also seems to do this. Also, it mentions that it sets your player as multi-region, but in the software it still shows the 5 region change limit, so this doesn't seem to "lift" that completely - just an easier way to change the region.

Can someone enlighten me a bit more on Passkey and its interplay with DVDFab - or is it more of a "use on its own" thing?

Happy to support DVD Fab by buying their great products, just didn't see enough info in the documentation to really know what I got.

Many thanks!

Passkey is what is called an "on-the-fly" decrypter, in that it makes your disc appear to your PCs operating system not to be copy protected. This is particularly handy if you need to use some other non-decrypting software on your disc (e.g. BDInfo, PGCEdit, some players, etc.). It can also make bit for bit ISO Clones of your disc or rip them to a VIDEO_TS or BDMV folder. If you already have DVDFab it is not something you will use every day but is still a very handy tool. Thanks very much for continuing to support DVDFab products, it is certainly appreciated.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

gotcha thx so much

Comment

Working...
      X