X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance 38% encoding performance - horrible multi threaded engine

Running latest x64 fab 10.2.1.4

encoding engine is average 38%

with multi-core cpus becoming more the norm, please work on your encoding engine to utilize more cores/threads please

38% usage on a 16 core 32 thread cpu is atrocious

I'm also using Process Lasso, I simply cannot assign anymore cpu horsepower to your encoding engine. its maxed out. it has 100% of my cpu and it still can only use 38%

You have posted this in the wrong place and failed to supply a DVDFab internal log sample. I will move your thread, please attach a log from a session where you noticed this problem.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

ive provided logs countless times. it does nothing to fix the issues. your trying to tell me that none of your developers has a high thread count cpu? 16 cores or more? quite a few people on the forums have said the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by hoxlund View Post
        Running latest x64 fab 10.2.1.4

encoding engine is average 38%

with multi-core cpus becoming more the norm, please work on your encoding engine to utilize more cores/threads please

38% usage on a 16 core 32 thread cpu is atrocious

I'm also using Process Lasso, I simply cannot assign anymore cpu horsepower to your encoding engine. its maxed out. it has 100% of my cpu and it still can only use 38%
        1. In your old post, you said the pc information were:

Mobo - MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon (17 bios-latest)
        CPU - AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4Ghz all cores
        Cooler - EK Full Monoblock Custom Liquid Loop
        Memory - 4x8GB OCZ DDR4 3200 RGB
        GPU - MSI 1080Ti Lightning Z

2. SMT on 60%, SMT off 100%

Please download DVDFab 11 x64 at: https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB11_x64
        In Ripper, use software, pick h265 4k profile,
        and in Converter, use software, and profile h265 4k,
        with SMT on
        to convert again.
        Please check and see if converter can get high cpu usage.
        And please feedback with the latest DVDFab 11 log files, we need dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file.

Thanks.
        Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 10-25-2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X