Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed comparison

Hi there,

I installed version 11 earlier this week. I am generally liking the look and feel of the interface, but it seemed as thouse version 11 was quite a bit slower. I updated version 10 (10.2.1.7) on my PC this morning and did some like-for-like comparisons.

I did a test rip earlier of a UHD, on the same Windows installation (with a nVidia GTX1050) with "CUDA h265 GPU acceleration for Lightning-Shrink enabled", I see the following speeds:

10.2.1.7: between 50 and 60fps
    11.0.0.1: just under 10fps

I hope the above is useful...

Chris

THanks for the feedback. Please choose a prefix for your thread or tell us if you are using v11.0.0.0 Beta or v11.0.0.1, also x86 or x64 version. Check you conversion options in Common Settings, make sure they are the same for v11 as v10.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Version 11.0.0.2 x64 is slow compared to Version 10.2.1.7 x64 for me as well.

Converting the same file with the same settings takes about twice as long.

v10 - 2:32
      v11 - 4:38

Watching Task Manager v11 is using a lot less resources..

V - 11 CPU - 26% GPU - 60%
      V - 10 CPU - 60% GPU - 97%

- I have an i5 CPU and GTX1060
      - I tried a few different drivers with no change.
      - I verified that the settings are the same several times.
      - The x86 version does the same thing.

Hope that helps,

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by selectdev@gmail.com View Post
        Version 11.0.0.2 x64 is slow compared to Version 10.2.1.7 x64 for me as well.

Converting the same file with the same settings takes about twice as long.

v10 - 2:32
        v11 - 4:38

Watching Task Manager v11 is using a lot less resources..

V - 11 CPU - 26% GPU - 60%
        V - 10 CPU - 60% GPU - 97%

- I have an i5 CPU and GTX1060
        - I tried a few different drivers with no change.
        - I verified that the settings are the same several times.
        - The x86 version does the same thing.

Hope that helps,

Tim

Hi Tim, please post dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file, thank you.

Comment

I have attached the requested logs for v11
          Attached Files

Comment

Here are the logs for v10
            Attached Files

Comment

I have not done that intense of a comparison but I can say the converter is far slower as well, in V10 converting an MKV h264 to h265 I could average 500fps, now its only in the 180's, All identical settings.

One thing I did notice is in v10 if you hit the preview button it would say there was no preview to show, cant remember the verbiage but it made sense. In 11 if you hit preview doing the same process it shows the frames flying by.

Something isnt right.

Comment

Originally posted by jrod696 View Post
                I have not done that intense of a comparison but I can say the converter is far slower as well, in V10 converting an MKV h264 to h265 I could average 500fps, now its only in the 180's, All identical settings.
                About the conversion speed, please post dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck internal.log file from both v10 and v11. Thanks.

Comment

All settings identical.

Average FPS during conversion of test file:
                  V10: 414 Avg GPU usage 4%
                  V11: 244 Avg GPU usage 32%

Also V11 file was slight larger, negligible in size 8mb difference.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by jrod696; 11-05-2018, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrod696 View Post
                    All settings identical.

Average FPS during conversion of test file:
                    V10: 414 Avg GPU usage 4%
                    V11: 244 Avg GPU usage 32%

Also V11 file was slight larger, negligible in size 8mb difference.
                    Hi jrod696, thank you for the info, we will check it out as soon as possible.

Comment

I am noticing the same thing where with identical settings, 11 takes almost twice as long as 10. I'll post logs later tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

Hi all, we have made some improvement regarding the speed in the latest DVDFab 11, please kindly wait for the update and then try again. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                          Hi all, we have made some improvement regarding the speed in the latest DVDFab 11, please kindly wait for the update and then try again. Thanks.
                          Just got the update and installed it, looks like that did the trick, its now within 4 FPS of v10.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

I got the update to 11.0.0.3 x64 today and the converter is now the same speed and uses the same
                            amount of resources as v10 x64.

Thanks for the fix.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the update

Comment

Working...
                              X