Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchase Problem Dvdfab 11.0.0.3 New offer $99.00 per year subscription for lifetime useres

New: Introduced the DVDFab Prime Member service.
    I have a few questions:

1. If I purchase the prime membership and I have a lifetime aio license and pay the $99.00 yearly what happens to my lifetime license if I can't afford to renew it the following year am I S.O.L?

2. will this include the firmware downgrade tool also when ever it is released?

.This looks to me at first glance that dvdfab wants to go to a purely subscription model which I can understand it brings in more money.

3.So what is going to happen to Lifetime dvdfab aio users at some point are we going to have to pay again or get on the subscription model?

Thank you in advance

More Info: https://www.dvdfab.cn/promotion.htm

Also, if we already have an AIO license and already purchased the 3-computer license authorization, does the 3-computer change to a 5 computer, or do we get an additional 5 added to the 3 for a total of 8?

Comment

Originally posted by XX14 View Post
      New: Introduced the DVDFab Prime Member service.
      I have a few questions:

1. If I purchase the prime membership and I have a lifetime aio license and pay the $99.00 yearly what happens to my lifetime license if I can't afford to renew it the following year am I S.O.L?

2. will this include the firmware downgrade tool also when ever it is released?

.This looks to me at first glance that dvdfab wants to go to a purely subscription model which I can understand it brings in more money.

3.So what is going to happen to Lifetime dvdfab aio users at some point are we going to have to pay again or get on the subscription model?

Thank you in advance

More Info: https://www.dvdfab.cn/promotion.htm
      I was wondering the same thing.
      I have just about everything DVDFab has offered to date (27 products...Never expire)
      Four months ago, I bought a $3 000 computer to keep up with Fab technology.

Comment

To clarify:

This includes every software tool Fab makes, DVDFab, Passkey, Media Player 5, Geekit and all future software products that are released while your Prime membership is active (with the exception of DVDFab DIY) plus 5 authorizations, and other benefits. If you currently have no licenses, the buy-in price is US$365 for the first year, $99 per year thereafter. To see if you qualify for skipping the $365 first year, all you need to do is log in to your account in the Member Center, if you qualify for the $99 first year price, you will see the Upgrade notice shown below near the top of the page..

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011 PRIMEUPGRADE.png
Views:	377
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	361459

Marty, I am not sure if the authorizations means 3->5 or 3->8, will find out. The excluded DVDFab DIY is Pro-level UHD-BD reauthoring tool.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you Signals but it really doesn't answer any of my questions and before I shell out another 100.00 I would like the company to clarify my 3 questions they are after all legit questions that we as Dvdfab customers would like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by XX14 View Post
            Thank you Signals but it really doesn't answer any of my questions and before I shell out another 100.00 I would like the company to clarify my 3 questions they are after all legit questions that we as Dvdfab customers would like to know.
            I would also like to know how this effects those of us with a lifetime license.

Comment

I too would like to know what will happen to my Lifetime license?

If this is going to be a Prime Member service for another $99 per year subscription why are you not going to include DVDFab DIY for this price? It would be a worth will addition for your loyal customers.

Comment

Your Lifetime licenses will remain as they are if you discontinue Prime. The DIY re-authoring tool costs around US$10,000.00, depending on options, so that is why it is not included. Good grief, the company is run by honorable people, they have never tried to scam anyone in the years I have been associated with them, just the opposite in fact. Pretty sure the firmware utility would be included but I will verify that.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  Your Lifetime licenses will remain as they are if you discontinue Prime. The DIY re-authoring tool costs around US$10,000.00, depending on options, so that is why it is not included. Good grief, the company is run by honorable people, they have never tried to scam anyone in the years I have been associated with them, just the opposite in fact. Pretty sure the firmware utility would be included but I will verify that.
                  Thank you signals for checking about the firmware downgrade tool if it is included then I will purchase the prime membership and I did not mean to imply the company was in anyway trying to scam the users just a few questions I need answered before I spend more money.

Comment

Update: For the License Authorizations, if you have 3 currently and get Prime, you will have 8 total while Prime is active, you will revert to 3 if it is not.

ALSO: The Firmware Downgrade utility (better name coming soon) IS INCLUDED WITH PRIME. A standalone price for this product has not been established, release date not firm.

Comment

Thank you Signals that is all I wanted to know before spending another $100.00.

Comment

You are welcome, I hope everyone enjoys this new aspect of DVDFab. If you have All-in-One now, look at the $100 this way: if 5 new modules are introduced in the coming year at an average cost of $50 (could be more), with All-in-One you would pay (at 50% off) $125 to get them, so the Prime has paid for itself since your additional cost for them is zero.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                          To clarify:

This includes every software tool Fab makes, DVDFab, Passkey, Media Player 5, Geekit and all future software products that are released while your Prime membership is active (with the exception of DVDFab DIY) plus 5 authorizations, and other benefits. If you currently have no licenses, the buy-in price is US$365 for the first year, $99 per year thereafter. To see if you qualify for skipping the $365 first year, all you need to do is log in to your account in the Member Center, if you qualify for the $99 first year price, you will see the Upgrade notice shown below near the top of the page..

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011 PRIMEUPGRADE.png
Views:	377
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	361459

Marty, I am not sure if the authorizations means 3->5 or 3->8, will find out. The excluded DVDFab DIY is Pro-level UHD-BD reauthoring tool.
                          I have a quick question. What exactly did you need to purchase to qualify for the $99 first year price as I have purchased a lifetime pass but the upgrade now button doesn't appear in my member section?

Comment

Checking that. Also, there will be a FAQ for the Prime service posted later today in the General Questions forum.

I know that the button appears if you have All-in-One or most of the modules individually, but I am not sure if Most means absolutely every single one or if there is some threshold.

Comment

All,
                              The FAQ is posted, you can find it here: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...membership-faq The FAQ thread remains open for questions so I will close this one so that the staff can have one place to look if anyone needs help.

Comment

Working...
                              X