What happened to DVD Region Free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to DVD Region Free?

A long time ago, (can't remember the year) I purchased DVD Region Free so I could watch my imported anime DVDs... Later, I vaguely remember Fengtao Software saying that the functionality of DVD Region Free+CSS had been integrated into another product. However, I can't remember the name of the product or any of the details.

When the price of DVD-R/RW drives went down, I purchased a USB/external Mad Dog Multimedia DVD R/RW drive. By dropping a Zone 2 disc into it, I was able to set that external drive to Zone 2. With the external drive set to Japan/Zone 2 Fengtao's software unnecessary for me. I recently moved from a house to a small apartment. Because of that, I'd prefer to not have to mess about with external drives, extra power cords and USB wiring. How do I get the zone free functionality back?
    Last edited by billnes; 11-09-2018, 03:59 PM.

You should be able to find that functionality in Passkey.
    DVDFab Passkey for DVD make all DVDs accessible. It can remove almost all known DVD copy protections and region codes in just seconds.

Also, DVD Region+CSS Free was by DVDIdle, not Fengtao.

Comment

I found the install package, Thank you..

Now, the only problem is getting back the key that I paid for. I can download a key from somebody else , but I really don't want to do that. It really bothers me to have a key on my machine that is not mine. I think it's cheap and unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by billnes View Post
        I found the install package, Thank you..

Now, the only problem is getting back the key that I paid for. I can download a key from somebody else off of Fixya, but I really don't want to do that. It really bothers me to have a key on my machine that is not mine. I think it's cheap and unfair.
        try contacting support - https://www.dvdfab.cn/support.htm

Comment

Originally posted by ryan8374 View Post
          Also, DVD Region+CSS Free was by DVDIdle, not Fengtao.
          Incorrect. DVDIdle=Fengtao
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X