DVDFAB 11 installation over dvdfab 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAB 11 installation over dvdfab 10?

I am using the x64 version and got a prompt from dvdfab 10 saying a new version of dvdfab 11 available. So I told it to download and install. After it was done I noticed dvdfab 10 was still there. Why didn't dvdfab 11 just install over dvdfab 10 like the dvdfab 10 updates did? Why does it leave dvdfab 10 there and not uninstall or override it?
    Last edited by Soundgardin; 11-16-2018, 10:44 PM.

Fab different versions installs to different folders so you can keep more than one version of Fab on the computer.Should you no longer want version 10 you can uninstall it in windows or its folder where theirs a uninstall program.

Comment

it installs in it's own folder. and can co-exist with other versions.
      you can uninstall v10 if you wish.

Comment

I figured that's what it did, but why not just write over dvdfab 10 and replace it completely without having 2 versions installed? This is how to dvdfab 10 updates always worked.

Comment

Fab version updates have always worked this way. I still have v8 and v9 on my PC with 10 and 11, no issues (but 8 and 9 don't work 100% correctly for other reasons).
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Oh okay, gotcha. Thanks signals. I'm new to DVDFAB, only been here since v10 and now v11. Didn't know once a new version comes out it just installs it separately.

Comment

Welcome to the DVDFab user family. To be clear, within major version numbers (9.x,10.x, 11.x) the new releases overwrite the old.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hey thanks! Okay I think I understand now. Updates overwrite while new versions do a clean install.

Comment

Working...
                X