Graphic Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphic Cards

Does a good Graphic Card increase the Quality of a Rip ?

You have a DVD fab 11 for Windows 32.

When will DVD fab 11 for Windows 64 come out ?

DVDFab x64 has been out for quite some time. You can find the link to download it in the Latest Official Releases forum.

The main benefit of the GPU is increased speed in conversions. I strongly recommend nvidia cards.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I found the DVDfab 11 64.

On your webpage it says download 32 here, I figured only 32 was out.

Also ,

I understand that the Cuda helps in the Ripping Process, but I did not know if it helped in the Picture Quality of the Rip.

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and got a Nvidia 1080 Ti Graphic Card.

Can you tell me some of the Difference's between DVDfab 10 and 11.

Comment

The developers tell me the quality is actually best with Software encode-decode. They rank the hardware acceleration in this order: Intel, nvidia, and amd.

There are several differences between DVDFab 10 and 11, including GUI improvements and some "under-the-hood" stuff as well. Support for some new disc protections and Cinavia removal titles. Always use the latest one for best performance.

The 1080 is an excellent card and should give you great results at high speed if the remainder of your PC is up to snuff.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have not Installed DVDfab 11 yet, I was waiting for the bugs to be worked out.

I think I have enough memory, and have a Intel 7.

you said, The developers tell me the quality is actually best with Software encode-decode.

What did you mean by "Software encode-decode" ?

Also,

DVDfab has

MP4 10 bit

MP4 4K 10 bit

MP4 H265 10 bit

MP4 H265

MP4 SDR

MP4 Passthrough

First I thought Mp4 was for H264 because it has been around before H265 .

So how can you use it for H265 & 4K ?

What is 10 bit ?

What is SDR ?

What is Passthough ?

The Reason I am asking is because I was thinking about Ripping my TV DVD's and Encoding my TV Episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by ordman View Post
            I have not Installed DVDfab 11 yet, I was waiting for the bugs to be worked out.

I think I have enough memory, and have a Intel 7.

you said, The developers tell me the quality is actually best with Software encode-decode.

What did you mean by "Software encode-decode" ?

Also,

DVDfab has

MP4 10 bit

MP4 4K 10 bit

MP4 H265 10 bit

MP4 H265

MP4 SDR

MP4 Passthrough

First I thought Mp4 was for H264 because it has been around before H265 .

So how can you use it for H265 & 4K ?

What is 10 bit ?

What is SDR ?

What is Passthough ?

The Reason I am asking is because I was thinking about Ripping my TV DVD's and Encoding my TV Episodes.
            see this here - https://www.dvdfab.cn/intel-quick-sync.htm

Comment

Software encode-decode means setting DVDFab to use only software on the AV Codec page in Common Settings (disabling all GPU acceleration), but especially if you are using TV episode discs you would probably not see any improvement by doing that. Just use the setting for CUDA and let your 1080 blow through them. The other settings you asked about are just different settings for the encoder that provide smaller file sizes or enhanced color or resolution, which again I think would be a waste of time with DVD TV disc sources. The files will be reasonably small for most settings and will never look better than the original DVD in any case.

I do encourage you to update to the currently supported versions of DVDFab for the best results.

Comment

I have TV stuff in DVD and BluRay, and Movies.

You said, The other settings you asked about are just different settings for the encoder that provide smaller file sizes or enhanced color or resolution, which again I think would be a waste of time with DVD TV disc sources. The files will be reasonably small for most settings and will never look better than the original DVD in any case.

How do I know, which Codec to use ?

Smaller File size would be good, I think MKV has terrible META information, unless they have improved.

Your META seems to be mostly aimed at BluRay and does not mention DVD Meta.

I have had DVDfab for awhile, but mostly for ripping Full DVD's, but I now want to Encode my Main Movie and TV Series which includes the META Data.

As most people probably say they want smaller files, but still keep a good video and resolution.

without doing hours and hours of testing.

So, what is 10bit---SDR--Passthrough ?

Comment

Working...
                X