Subtitle not seen on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitle not seen on TV

I copy a Blue Ray disc to MP4 format on my SSD drive with subtitle included which works great on my computer but the subtitle doesn't appear when I view it on my Sony Smart TV.

I have the latest version of copy/rip software and viewing it thru Fab5 player.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Nash04 View Post
    I copy a Blue Ray disc to MP4 format on my SSD drive with subtitle included which works great on my computer but the subtitle doesn't appear when I view it on my Sony Smart TV.

I have the latest version of copy/rip software and viewing it thru Fab5 player.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.
    Which subtitle mode did you select for the conversion? Also, what format subtitle does your TV support? And did you turn on subtitle in DVDFab Player 5 for playback?

In DVDFab, there are three modes for subtitle output in Ripper for most of the profiles, you can switch the modes to the one you need in Advanced Settings window.
    1> "Remux into file": you can disable or enable subtitle during playback;
    2> "Direct render to video": subtitles cannot be disable as they are embedded into the video (you can only choose one subtitle stream);
    3> "Extract to idx/sub file": you can disable or enable subtitle during playback, however some players don't support this kind of subtitle files.

Comment

Direct Render never fails, but you can't turn the subs off. Many "Smart" TVs have this problem, not very adroit players.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X