Won't boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Won't boot

My DVDFab won't boot. I've deleted and reinstalled several times. When I try to launch it hangs on the boot up splash screen and sits. What do I do now?

Did you install the proper version of Fab 32 bit or 64bit? Did you make sure your security program allows Fab access to the internet? check those first and update graphics card driver if needed.

Comment

I forgot to mention it was working perfectly for months. The last time I tried to rip a Blue Ray it crapped out. So no issues with security program or permissions.

Comment

you might need to scroll up and to the left of where it says Blogs, select Members then login to your Member section and check there.

A few months ago I was forced to do a fresh install of Windows 10. When I did that, I found I had to login to my Member section, de-authorize my DVDFab, then Re-Authorize it just to get it to work again. Just follow the instructions.

The last I remember, you're only allowed to do this once a year.

What with the upcoming release of 1903, I hope I don't run into any problems as I did with the last upgrade.

Comment

Please start up DVDFab again and capture a screenshot on your side to show us the issue to be more visual. Thanks.

Did you make any changes to your Windows computer recently?

Please send us dvdfab_internal log as attachment for troubleshooting, the default location for log file is: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab11\Log

Comment

But the problems is I can't even get it to start up. How can I provide anything when I can't even start the program? All I get is the boot flash logo then nothing. There is nothing in the task bar. When I hit the launch button again it says "DVDFab is already running". When I go to the task manager it doesn't show anything running.

The only change I can think of is that I installed CIV 5 in the last 2 weeks. Could the game have changed something?

Comment

For good reasons i don't know how you uninstalled DVDFab in an attempt to fix the problem, but if you only uninstalled it the normal way, then there will be some left overs hiding in the Windows system, so that you in reality does not make a fresh install of DVDFab.
              This is not only an issue for DVDFab, but for every piece of software you install and uninstall under Windows.

What you can try is to download and install Revo Uninstaller Free and use that one to uninstall DVDFab. After it has done this it will ask you if it should do a full system scan for left overs, which you then just set it to do. Everything it finds you choose to delete from the system. Now everything that belonged to DVDFab is entirely gone from your system.

Now you install DVDFab again. But remember, if you use Windows's own firewall, then choose to shut down the firewall the first time you run DVDFab, or else the firewall will block it from accessing the internet and you are right back to square one again with a non functional DVDFab.
              After you have run DVDFab for the first time, registered it and the software has successfully launched, shut it down and activate the firewall again.
              Now run DVDFab again and the firewall will now ask if it should allow it to access the internet, which you naturally choose yes to.

That should be it, DVDFab should be back and working on all thrusters again, because thats how i fixed a similar problem under Windows 7 64-bit with the
              64-bit version of DVDFab.
              Last edited by Per K; 03-04-2019, 05:32 PM. Reason: extra info

Comment

Originally posted by gtsnake View Post
                But the problems is I can't even get it to start up. How can I provide anything when I can't even start the program? All I get is the boot flash logo then nothing. There is nothing in the task bar. When I hit the launch button again it says "DVDFab is already running". When I go to the task manager it doesn't show anything running.

The only change I can think of is that I installed CIV 5 in the last 2 weeks. Could the game have changed something?
                Follow the instructions from the staff, it will generate a short log session even if it does not boot completely. Check the logs of your antivirus or security software to see if a DVDFab component or web connection is being blocked. If so, set it to allow these or ignore them. I do not recommend Revo uninstaller for DVDFab any longer, it can cause problems with your authorizations. Here are the tips for attaching logs in the forum http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks, I found the logs and sent it to Ashley. I did see some crashes in there.

Comment

Here's the log.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gtsnake View Post
                      Here's the log.
                      Thank you. The log has been downloaded and forwarded to the QA team.

Comment

Working...
                      X