This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DvdFab Updates

It has been a long time since an update. Is anyone else out there concerned as I am? I love the product, but am worried it is falling behind the competition. Is there an update in the works?

Why are you worried?
    Has there been a new release that Fab can not handle?
    Do you think it is necessary to have an update when none is needed to handle new releases?

What competition is Fab failing to keep up with?
    That's right ---none.

There is always work going on behind the scenes.

Comment

Updates

Probably no problems, I do have a backup. Nothing against DvdFab, just wondering if updates are triggered by the same issues with each manufacturer, namely studio protections, etc. I do enjoy the Clone feature of DvdFab over any other software I have used.

Comment

Updates a triggered by feature improvements and protection removal updates. Ask the question directly, without references to other software which are not really relevant to the topic. Please read the General Policies.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Updates

My apologies, I meant no disrespect. Exactly, I am referring to triggers because of studio protections, etc. I only meant the earlier comment as a point of reference. Is the clone process in DvdFab my best method of avoiding most protections? I have noticed when using any other method in DvdFab, that using Free Dvd after a rip usually removes the last of most lingering protections.

Comment

Using Free DVD is not needed nor recommended with the current versions of DVDFAB.

Ripping movie only to a hard drive and burning from the hard drive with Imgburn has been 99.99% trouble free for me.

Comment

I agree, and this is the prodecure I usually follow also. Clone mode gives so few options in terms of removing/retaining content (but it does make an almost bit-for-bit copy). I think Free DVD only removes CSS and region coding. I can't imagine that it would catch something that DVDFab would miss. On what do you base the report that its output is cleaner than that of its "big brother"?
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Updates

Since Free Dvd is DvdFab product, I use it as a matter of course anytime I am ripping to disk involving a VIDEO_TS folder. It catches something nine times out of ten. It is just a matter of playing it safe for me. DvdFab clone seems to be the perfect way to rip a disk where I don't care about removing anything from my master disk. Am I missing something here? Usually Free Dvd catches things like Rce or Uops.
                Last edited by jimspencer; 02-24-2010, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Well, that is interesting. I can't remember ever having this happen but it's good to have a workaround. If DVDFab DVD to DVD is not removing everything it should, you should report it in the forum so the developers can see it. I will watch mine more closely.

Comment

Working...
                  X