Where Is HD Decrypter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Is HD Decrypter

I would like to use the free HD Decrypter to create ISO files from my DVDs. I went to the website https://www.dvdfab.cn/hd-decrypter.htm?ver=9 and downloaded the software which turns out to be a trial version of the full DVDFab software. So I figured HD Decrypter just limits me to "Full Disc" -> "Full Disc" or "Main Movie" but then I get a screen that I can only copy 3 DVDs. I searched for a separate program HD Decrypter but couldn't find it. So how can I get the free HD Decrypter?

HD Decrypter is contained within any unlicensed version of DVDFab, it is not a different download. It will allow you to create ISOs only until the free trial mode expires, which it has done in your case. You can use a standalone burning engine to make the ISOs, such as ImgBurn, which is also free.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for the reply. So why does it say "It's one of the always free portions of DVDFab" If I understood you correctly you are saying it's not free after the trial period. So what is the "always free" portion that I also see in many reviews of this software?

Comment

You can find it here mulu: https://www.dvdfab.cn/hd-decrypter.h...D=downloadpage
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Certain aspects of it are always free, but not all features and modules are free beyond the free trial period.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
            Thank you for the reply. So why does it say "It's one of the always free portions of DVDFab" If I understood you correctly you are saying it's not free after the trial period. So what is the "always free" portion that I also see in many reviews of this software?
            The always free portion is the Copy Module, Main Movie and Full Disc, for DVD and Blu-ray. It does not allow compression or many of the other features of the Copy module (Merge, make ISO, burn disc, etc.) Some forms of copy protection are not removed if you are using DVDFab in the free (HD Decrypter) mode.

Comment

Ok, so I start DVDFab 11. Then I get a pop up saying "DVDFab is the all-in-one software package that offers complete....or try any option 30 days for free, or use HD Decrypter for free forever...." I click on the 'x' on the top right (I also tried clicking on the "Try" button). Now I get another screen showing all the modules. For a couple of them it says "Buy Now". Most are "Trial". HD Decrypter says "Activated". So again I click on the "x" in the top right (and again I also tried the "Try" button). No DVDFabe starts and I get a pop up saying "Your free trial of DVDFab "DVD Copy" has run out. To open the disc, you need to buy this product". I click the "x" on the top right because the only other option is to click the "Buy now" button. Now the DVD is being opened. At the end it says "Free HD Decrpter is used to open the disc.....". I click on the on the x in the top right (also tried the "close" button). Now I get a screen again saying "Your free tiral of DVDFab "DVD Copy" has run out...."). I click on the "x". There is again another duplicate pop up and I get to the main screen. The DVD shows up but it says "DVD Copy Trial version Expired". So how can I actually make "Full Disc" copies to iso?

Comment

You can't make copies to ISO because the DVDFab burning engines are not included in the free (HD Decrypter) version. You can write the Full Disc or Main Movie output to a folder on your hard drive, then use ImgBurn (it is free) in Build mode to make the ISO or burn it to disc.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Is there a way to define ImgBurn as the "Write to ISO" program to make this a on-step process rather than ripping first to a folder and then converting to ISO?

Comment

Thanks for the response. Is there a way to define ImgBurn as the "Write to ISO" program to make this a on-step process rather than ripping first to a folder and then converting to ISO?
                    Set the Burn Engine as ImgBurn in Common Settings -> Drives -> DVD Write or BD Write.

Hope this help you, thanks!

Wilson
                    Please post your logs the default location is:
                    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson.Wang, that is what I tried. See the attachment. It didn't work for some reason. In any case, I am now just ripping to folders. I am just posting in case somebody else is interested in this.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Wilson.Wang, that is what I tried. See the attachment. It didn't work for some reason. In any case, I am now just ripping to folders. I am just posting in case somebody else is interested in this.
                        When you tried to create iso file with Imgburn as burning engine in DVDFab, what was the message you got?
                        Please provide latest the dvdfab_internal.log file that generated by this process too. Thanks.

Comment

I just ran into this when trying to copy Wall-E. I get the message "to open the disc, you need to buy this product". But other DVD's work fine. I've been using HD Decrypter for a lot of years and never had this happen with any other DVD I can think of. Is there something special about the DVD or is there an issue that's causing DVDFab to not use HD Decrypter?

Comment

Billy, go back and read over this thread. The free (HD Decrypter) version of DVDFab can't open some of the DVDs and Blu-rays with odd protections.

Comment

Working...
                            X