This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reccomendations for file size- Travel

Fellow Fabers- Using your reccomendation to Rip to Ext HD using Full DISK works great. Now - for best functinality I'm trying to set up my HP Mini and use either USB stick or ext HD for flying coast to coast.

What do you reccomend for riping to a smaller file size to save space so I can us a USB stick & get more than 1 or 2 movies on it?

With my ext HD - it of course run my battery dry in one movie.

Get a high speed USB stick or if the mini has a card slot, a Class 4 or better SDHC card, either 4 or 8 GB. For the maximum number of movies, use one of the H264+AAC MP4 profiles in DVD to Mobile with a 480x270 screen size and set the bitrate to around 1000 kb/s, enough to make the bits/pixel value 0.2 or a little higher. These settings will make most movies about 1GB in size and will look good on the mini. I would also suggest a low footprint player such as VLC Media Player, which is free and requires no external codecs or filters.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks- now have to get rid of Closwed Captioning...

Comment

Just untick the "Subpictures" in the RH Pane.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X