Resource page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resource page

So, I've done every kind of search that is possible to find something relevant to the question "How to burn already converted dvdfab folder to disk WITHOUT converting again" and have come up with nothing, nada, zip, zero, a big fat nothingburger.

Therefore I have two points of emphasis.

One, and I'm sure this has been asked many times before BUT since I'm not finding any Google results for it regardless of how I rephrase the search string, that don't include a link to a page that involved ALSO having to convert it again, I'll ask. What is the secret? There has to be a way to burn an already converted folder to disk, for watching later, such as if you've already converted and burned to disk but the next day you find you need another copy of the disk. Certainly it must be possible to simply burn a copy of the saved folder containing all of the already converted data. If not, there damn well needs to be.

Two, there needs to be a DVDfab resource page that for SEO purposes can be found by people searching for this specific feature because I assure you that currently, unless there is some magical insider phrasing or set of search terms that I didn't happen to try, there isn't.

FWIW, I have the latest version of DVDfab 11 with both the DVD copy and Blu-ray copy modules.

Also, as a further infuriating dimension to this, the movie I was trying to burn a copy of is one that the first burn attempt failed on, So when trying to burn that project again I am prompted with "That folder already exists, do you wish to replace that folder. blah, blah, blah" to which I clicked yes, assuming, wrongly, that since it was going to have to RE-convert the image in order to burn it to disk, the end result would be that I still have a functional copy of that disk image.

Boy, was that fracking wrong. You want to know what happens, and this has to be a bug in the latest build version because it's never done this before, is that it not only didn't burn a copy of the disk from the existing disk image, but it just sat there at 0% for about ten minutes. So when I checked the folder to see what was going on I discovered that the reason it was just sitting there doing nothing was because it had deleted all the contents of that folder and created a new empty folder of the same name. C'mon man, NOBODY EVER would want it to do that, no matter WHAT choice they selected when prompted. Can we not get rid of fracking stupid behaviors like this in the software. Can you think of even ONE scenario where somebody who is trying to burn a copy of a project does in fact want the contents of the folder they are trying to convert or burn, deleted? I can't, and neither can you, so can we do something about this.

It doesn't make me happy to have to rent the damn movie twice. Thanks.
    Last edited by Darkbreeze; 10-01-2019, 05:37 PM.

here - https://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/copy-dvd-to-iso.htm

Comment

There are two easy ways to do this:
      1) Select DVDFab Copy module and select Clone/Burn mode. Use the "+" key to navigate to the folder you want to use, check settings and click Start.
      or
      2) Use ImgBurn in Build mode, it will build the image and burn it to disc. (this choice is especially recommended if using DL DVD blank media).
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
        No offense, and I appreciate the reply, honestly, but I clearly said WITHOUT having to convert again. I've looked that page 400 times already, and tried it twice, and it RE-converts the already converted ISO. That is EXACTLY what I did, with the exception of having chosen to replace the existing folder in this case which I don't normally do, but regardless it still results in conversion and that should be a completely unnecessary step.

NO WHERE on that page does it say ANYTHING at all, about burning already existing projects, or about actually burning of any kind, at all. At all, at all, at all. Which is why I am frustrated with the lack of instructions/directions on this. There SHOULD be some way to burn projects without converting them again. Every time you convert, you introduce loss into the images, whether it's music, pictures or video.

As for the Clone/burn mode, I do not have that module. I only have the DVD and Blu ray copy modules. Even so, anybody with the BD copy module should readily be able to come back and burn another copy later of any project they have previously converted and/or burned, without having to go through the whole conversion again OR without having to use any other module or entirely different burning software.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that I should have a need to use ImgBurn, to burn something with DVDfab? Are you telling me that this software which I paid for and should be able to do this, easily, cannot? I sure hope not. Funny too, because my DVDfab 9, which does not have BD support in my case, can easily do this with DVDs, but my DVDfab 11 can't seem to do it with Blu rays, even though I have both modules.

Comment

I was reading your posts and its a bit confusing to me. The Clone/Burn mode is included with Blu-ray copy, and believe also with DVD Copy. I normally don't use DVDFab to burn, but rather Imgburn since it gives me a bit more control, but trying to replicate your issue, I tried loading an existing iso file from my HDD in the Clone/Burn mode, being sure output was set to my burner, rather than a folder, and after a quick scan, it prompted me to insert a blank media. It did not try to recode movie, so I was a bit confused as to the issue. If you are loading a movie from a folder, rather than an iso file, DVDFab has to convert it to a burnable iso format, similar to Imgburn "Build" mode, but it shouldn't be necessary if the source is already an iso file. If you want to save an image on your HDD that you may want to burn multiple times in the future, just save it as an iso, rather than individual files in a folder in the future. Also, as a recommendation, I also reload the iso file into DVDFab right after I create it, to ensure that it is readable. I have had a few images give me errors when I tried to reload (HDD issues???), so this extra step always insures me that it is error free (barring file corruption on the HDD due to other causes).

Comment

Ok, so that is likely the problem. So how do I save to an ISO rather than a folder, because when I copy a disk now, burning as well to a new disk for a hard copy, the folder that is left afterwards is what I generally use later for burning new copies of that disk. Rather than leaving a folder, how do I get it to instead leave an ISO. I assume an ISO is probably also smaller than the folder that is left, so that might be advantageous in that regard as well.

Thanks for pointing out, what is probably my error in all this.

Also, since I have about 6.6TB of misc DVD and BD "folders", I'm guessing if I want to take the time there is a way to convert THOSE to ISOs as well? Can a movie be played directly from that ISO using the same software that I'm currently using to play them directly from the drive they are stored on or does each ISO have to be mounted as a virtual drive in order to be played from ISO? I sure as hell don't want 680 virtual drives just to be able to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbreeze View Post
              Ok, so that is likely the problem. So how do I save to an ISO rather than a folder, because when I copy a disk now, burning as well to a new disk for a hard copy, the folder that is left afterwards is what I generally use later for burning new copies of that disk. Rather than leaving a folder, how do I get it to instead leave an ISO. I assume an ISO is probably also smaller than the folder that is left, so that might be advantageous in that regard as well.
              There is an ISO button next to the SAVE TO field. See image attached.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	save as iso.png
Views:	161
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	373259

Also, since I have about 6.6TB of misc DVD and BD "folders", I'm guessing if I want to take the time there is a way to convert THOSE to ISOs as well? Can a movie be played directly from that ISO using the same software that I'm currently using to play them directly from the drive they are stored on or does each ISO have to be mounted as a virtual drive in order to be played from ISO? I sure as hell don't want 680 virtual drives just to be able to do that.
              DVDFab Player 5 supports to playback iso file directly.
              Or you can use DVDFab Virtual Drive to mount the iso file for playback using your software player.

Comment

Working...
              X