Lg bp50nb40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optical Drives Lg bp50nb40

Is the LG BP50NB40 External Blu-Ray writer compatible with your software? I had to get a new laptop computer. It doesn't have an internal DVD/Blu-ray drive so I bought the above mentioned drive. Now, I can't get any of my Blu-Ray disks to rip. I never had any problem when using this software on my old laptop with an internal drive.

try clicking common settings - drives - to check if dvdfab sees the selected external blu-ray drive.

Comment

It should be supported. Does it work if you try to play a blu-ray disc using a software player (Fab Player 5, VLC, PowerDVD etc.) on your PC?
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, the drive will play a blu-ray as a movie using powerDVD.

what happens when I put a disk in is that DVDFab will “analyze” the disk. Then, it skips the step where it would normally “analyze” the movie file and instead it just lists the movie file. If you click the start button it will go through the steps of ripping and the elapsed time counter will run but the estimated time remaining counter never starts and it creates a file of only 176kb.

Comment

Please attach the DVDFab internal log session for one of these.attempts. Instructions for doing this can be found here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here is the log file for my attempted rip of the Rocketman Blu-ray. The process appears to start but no matter how long I wait, there is zero progress on the status bar.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jlsmith16 View Post
              Here is the log file for my attempted rip of the Rocketman Blu-ray. The process appears to start but no matter how long I wait, there is zero progress on the status bar.
              Please uninstall and then download the latest DVDFab v11.0.5.4 to try again. If still have the same problem, please attach the latest dvdfab_internal.log file.
              Also, relevant screenshots will be appreciated.

Comment

I did as you said. I uninstalled DVDFab. Reinstalled the latest version and tried to rip Rocketman again with the same outcome as before. It creates a file of only 176KB and indicates that the job is complete.

I've tried this with other Blu-rays also with the same result.

Her is a link to the internal log for my last try at Rocketman. It was too big to upload as an attachment: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofypieiiz6...etman.txt?dl=0

Comment

I apologize. I accidentally copied the whole log not just my last attempt to rip rocketman. Here is the log for just rocketman
                  Attached Files

Comment

Please respond as I can't get this drive to work with DVDFab.

Comment

Please respond as I can't get this drive to work with DVDFab.
                      We could not reproduce the issue with drive LG BP50NB40, we need to run more tests.

Comment

Still can't rip Blu-ray disks. Attached is the logs for my last 2 attempts to rip Brian Banks Blu-ray. Both attempts failed.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Still can't rip Blu-ray disks. Attached is the logs for my last 2 attempts to rip Brian Banks Blu-ray. Both attempts failed.
                          Since we are unable to reproduce this problem, we cannot know for sure why this happened on your side. Maybe you can give below a try and see how it works.

1. Add dvdfab.exe, fabprocess.exe, fabcheck.exe, fabcore.exe to the whilte-list of your antivirus software or firewall;
                          2. Uninstall and reinstall your drive;
                          3. Try to use DVDFab copy-Clone/Burn mode to load the movie disc as source to see if it will make a difference.

Comment

UPDATE from developers:

1. Please use Blu-ray Ripper to convert the problematic disc to MKV passthrough, check the result and see the result.
                            2. If the MKV is correctly output, use Video Converter to convert it to mp4/ apple tv.

Please feedback the result. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X