UHD Drive Tool drive detection clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Drive Tool drive detection clarification

I have been considering purchasing the UHD drive tool. I have a question that I would like clarification on first however.

I have 4 lg wh16ns40s with the ns50 service code. 1 of the drives is a 1.0 firmware, 1 drive is 1.03 and the other 2 are 1.02. Both the the 1.02 do not have issues ripping uhds. I also have an asus with the 3.03. Now the uhd tool identifies all drives but says it cant "downgrade" the 1.0 nor the 1.03? I assume it cant do the 1.0 because it needs to be flashed to the 1.02 or .03 first. I downloaded the firmware from lg but have not done anything yet until i get this clarification first. The other 1.03 it says is not compatible where it says it can do the asus? So I am not sure why that would be?

Also, if I purchase a few more as backup drives if the y have 1.04 the tool will not work according to what i have been reading. is this true and if so why?

Thanks for your input
    Last edited by Blumamba; 11-17-2019, 05:05 PM.

the 1.04 firmware disables dosflash access so the dvdfab tool will no longer work

Comment

I recently purchased on October 17th, 2 of these drives from Amazon and they were both v1.03 at $65.99. Amazon has an excellent return policy if they are v1.04.

Comment

Procat, please refrain from linking or posting offsite sources of information that may or may not be suitable for DVDFab users.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Is there a work around to flash the drives if they are 1.04?

I also have an asus with the 3.03. Now the uhd tool identifies all drives but says it cant "downgrade" the 1.0 nor the 1.03? I assume it cant do the 1.0 because it needs to be flashed to the 1.02 or .03 first. I downloaded the firmware from lg but have not done anything yet until i get this clarification first. The other 1.03 it says is not compatible where it says it can do the asus? So I am not sure why that would be?

Comment

We are releasing a version which shall fix the downgrading issue, please kindly wait for update, thank you.

Comment

Thanks Mona

Comment

Working...
              X