This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU Which NVidia Driver is best for DVDFab

When selecting a driver to download from nVidia's driver page, the option is given to select either Studio or Gaming driver. Which driver works best with DVDFab? I know I could download each and try, but rather than experimenting I thought I would try to get the 'official' answer here.

Thank you.

Hi,

I suggest that we are all use the latest driver version, so that we can fix it ASAP if you have any problem.

Thanks!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

You didn't answer my question. Nvidia gives you an option of downloading and using either a "Game Ready Driver" (GRD) or "Studio Driver" (SD). The option appears for the same version except, I assume, one is optimized for gaming and the other for graphics. Since I am not much of a gamer, I always use the Studio Driver but not sure of that is the best one to use with DVDFab. So any idea?

Comment

did you try googling the difference between Studio and Gaming driver ??

Comment

Huh that's weird. I use the GeForce Experience program to update the drivers and there is no Studio option. It only updates using the GRD. Unless it's there and I'm missing it.

Apparently the GRD are for enthusiasts and gamers while the Studio "provide artists, creators and 3D developers the best performance and reliability when working with creative applications." (https://bit.ly/34tPpTU)

It sounds like the Studio would work better with Fab as long as Fab was optimized to work with the Studio version. But Fab is probably optimized to work with the GRD because that's what the vast majority of people use. It would make an interesting experiment though. To try both and see which one works better for Fab but if it slows down something else.

Comment

The studio version seems to be for 64 bit laptops and the auto NVIDIA driver finder program doesn't list them but the manual find driver will show them here for your card. https://www.geforce.com/drivers When clicking on download they say for laptops.I don't know if desktops can run from this driver.

Comment

According to the nvidia website, the Studio versions are more tailored to working with video, the gaming ones, you can guess. The studio ones are not updated as often, maybe every 3rd or 4th update is Studio focused. But if you always have the latest, you will get the Studio version when it is available. The developers always work with the latest one, so to avoid compatibility issues, DVDFab users should also.

Some laptops now have the same cards that are in desktops, so who knows. I would take the non-laptop one and revert if it is not stable.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

All,
                Please see post #2, DVDFab will always use the latest driver, regardless. Update yours as you wish. This thread is closed.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X