This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchase Problem Amazon gift card verification

Over a month ago I bought the All-In-One package which was advertised as having a free Amazon $50 gift card. After I bought the software I received no info about the card but found in the FAQs that I had to wait a month until I could claim. I also wrote to support and they confirmed that I would be able to claim after 20 January after which a message will appear allowing me to claim. However, when I followed the link in the message I was surprised to find it took me to a page asking for a photo of my credit card! This immediately seemed suspicious so I checked with my credit card company and they said no way should I send photos of my card and that if I did and was subsequently a fraud victim they wouldn’t cover the costs. Apart from anything else I do not understand the need for verification apart from just making it really difficult to claim! I have contacted support about this but as yet have had no response. Has anyone been through this process? Has anyone actually got their gift card? What should I do if I get nothing back from support? Thanks.

This promotion is offered several times per year and many many users have taken advantage of it. There may be some issue with the link you received. Forward the email you received to mona@dvdfab.cn with a note explaining what happened. A response may be delayed by the Spring Festival (New Year) holiday in China.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I would still like to hear from an actual customer, rather than from the company, who managed to get a gift card and what sort of process they had to go through to get it.

Comment

That may or may not be possible, but someone may see your post and respond. Send the email if you are interested in a solution. I would be skittish about sending a picture of a card as well unless I knew it was DVDFab. I mean you have already typed in the number of the card and more when you made the purchase.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have sent an email as you suggested and hope that will resolve the situation.
          However, I don’t think you understood me correctly. It wasn’t an email message I received but a message on my account page within the member centre. The request for a photo of my credit card has come directly from dvdfab.cn not from a dodgy email.
          When I followed the link this is what the message said:

1. Per the requirement of the Anti-Money Laundering law, we feel deeply obliged to implement relevant KYC (Know Your Customer) policies, so as to maximally protect our customers against potential identity thefts and frauds. Therefore, to claim the $30 Amazon Gift Card, you are required to upload a picture of your credit card to prove your identification as the card owner. We assure you that your information shall never be disclosed to any third parties.
          2. Once you have claimed the Amazon Gift Card, refund of your order will no longer be accepted.
          Upload Credit Card Picture (Blur the 8 Digits in the Middle)

So it is dvdfab who are asking me to do this very suspicious upload of a photo of my credit card. Whatever the assurances provided, it is just not legitimate to ask me to do this, and it is something I would be foolish to do.

What does anyone else think about this?

Comment

You were directed to blur out the middle 8 digits of the card, so it is perfectly safe. There is nothing more to be said about this until the office reopens after the national holiday, so I am closing your thread until the staff returns and can reopen it.

Comment

Working...
            X