Use of External Blu-ray DVD player/Rec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use of External Blu-ray DVD player/Rec?

I am a long time user of DVDFab to rip Blu-rays for iPad viewing. very familiar with using and selecting options and changing drives. I have a PC using Win10 which has 2 internal optical drives...both work using Passkey and DVDFab for archiving Blu-rays. I may need to build a new PC shortly and I am finding few cases have optical support. Will a external Blu-ray player/Rec work in the same manner I'm used to? Just thinking about the ext drive using USB 3.0/1 will there conflict with DVDFAb and ripping?
    I am thinking this ext optical drive....Asus BW-16D1X-U
    thanks
    Last edited by scottjays; 06-26-2020, 06:49 PM.

External drives work great with DVDFab and Passkey for all disc formats. You can set either product to ignore certain drives as well if you find that necessary, so no problem either way! I use the LG BE16NU50 USB drives, be sure to check the read speed specs before purchasing a new one. If you have any interest in using Fab with 4k UHD discs, make sure to get one that has UHD Friendly firmware or can be downgraded if necessary.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X