Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 questions (Subtitles and burning few dvd movies on a bluray disc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions (Subtitles and burning few dvd movies on a bluray disc)

Hello; I appreciate your answers in advance.

1- Once in a blue moon I run into problems with subtitle colors. I like using English subtitles with British (mostly Scottish) accents. However, few discs I burnt have a yellowish background behind words. It makes it very difficult to decipher!! Both dvd+R's and saved files on external drives have the same issue with a particular movie. It does not happen often. The entire movie has the same issue. I cannot dublicate the problem since I no longer have the original discs. After I purchase and rip them, I send them to relatives who live far. External drives hold my movies and I play them thru laptop connected to TVS. Anyhow, is this an issue with original discs which means I have to suck it up and move on or some tweak in settings would help? I always choose English subtitles and ignore the other languages.

2- I would like to choose few dvd movies (saved on external drives and play flawlessly), and burn them onto blank bluray discs. I have older relatives who enjoy 1940's, 1950's movies. My idea is select 4-5 movies (saved as vob files), make sure they fit and burn them. I want old folks to be able to put this disc into their standalone bluray player, look at the menu and select a movie. Will this work? You might say why not individual blank dvd+R's? Well, One bluray disc is easier to keep around than 4 or 5 dvd discs

Thanks.
    Last edited by skoy; 08-31-2020, 01:01 PM.

For (1), many older DVDs have yellow subs. It is determined (most often) by a structure in the IFO fires called the Color Look Up Table or CLUT. DVDFab does not have the ability to modify this, but an old but powerful free sub utility called DVDSubEdit can do it for you. It works with VIDEO_TS folders on your hard drive, just google it.

For (2), you can use DVDFab’s DVD to BD feature to put multiple DVD titles on a Blu-ray Disc. I will attach some captures to illustrate it

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011 DVD2BD.png
Views:	260
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	385023

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011 2BD DETAILS.png
Views:	204
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	385024

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signals. regarding subtitles, even the newest movies (not all) show the same annoying issue.Subtitles too close, not black and difficult to read. Hopefully, the program u suggested offer help files to figure it out.

Comment

Working...
      X